LinkPlay Integration

Yep, same here. This definitely looks like a Linkplay issue because it can be reproduced outside Home Assistant. The integration component just does the same thing as you did manually
I’ll have to dig in deeper for a workaround.

No worries! I’ll just keep my messages short and a little less cheeky than I’d like for now :rofl:

Again I really appreciate your help and all the hard work you’ve done on this component!

Hi all,

Do you know how I can play Spotify song on my linkplay speaker.
It doesn’t work with direct http command because of Spotify API and I can’t make it using media_player.spotify and media_player.linkplay_device

Any help would be great.

Thanks !

You need a Spotify Premium account for that. If you have it, go into your Spotify app on your device while playiing content, and your Linkplay speaker will appear as an output device.
The speaker and the device running the Spotify app have to be in the same network. You can’t make it work stable by excluding their app, you may be able to sync together Home Assistant’s Spotify integration with the speaker, but it won’t work on long term. The system needs the official app too to work.

Spotify doesn’t want you to use their service without their app.

Thanks for your answer, but finally I’m looking for a way to start Spotify song on my audiopro setup via automation and I think it won’t make work…

Well what you could do is to save the Spotify playlist/song as a preset in the Linkplay speaker (use the 4Stream app for this, that seems to be the most recent), and you could recall it using Home Assistant with linkplay.preset service within an automation.

Yep, I got this in mind, but limited to 4 presets.
Thank you for your answers.

Ckeck this:
http://your.speaker.ip/httpapi.asp?command=getStatusEx
and look for the value of preset_key - that’s the correct number of presets supported by the speaker (likely more than 4). Try the 4Stream app. That allows more presets to be set.

indeed I got 6 presets.
but still, it’s no helping.
In fact I want to be able to start as many album as I want using the new tag devices (latest news from the blog).
I’d like to get the tag reader and nfc card for each of my favorite album, then reading the tag it would start the ablum/playlist on the speaker.
Now i’m thinking about going to another music provider

Yep, I also cancelled my Spotify account.

Seems that Linkplay modules have issues with audio streams of low quality, like the ones generates by Google Translate TTS, which are MP3 of 32 kbps, 24 kHz (mono).
I took a sample file opened in Audacity and converted it to higher bitrate and started working. Saved it back as the same bitrate, problem. Also changed to Stereo, that was fine too.
There’s nothing I can do in the component to fix this.

Perhaps switch TTS provider to voicerss, which allows for setting higher audio quality:

tts:
- platform: voicerss
  api_key: your-api-key-here
  language: en-gb
  codec: aac  # "aac", "wav", "aac", "ogg", "caf"
  format: '44khz_16bit_stereo'

I’ve submitted a PR to Home Assustant core to support all the languages supported by the service.

From Home Assistant 0.116 it supports all the languages currently supported by the api. And it works nice with Linkplay.

Anyone using audiopro that have the pairing function working? Mine wont pair, but if i pair them in the app i can unpair them from HA.

Post your firmware versions please.

Perhaps your WiFi signal is too weak for stable multiroom operation in router mode.
Add multiroom_wifidirect: False to the config of all your speakers, restart HA and try again.

For anyone wanting to set voice and speed of the speech, use this custom component for voicerss:

It will override the built-in voicerss component with this, as custom component.
tts:
  - platform: voicerss
    api_key: YOUR_API_KEY
    language: en-gb
    codec: aac
    format: '44khz_16bit_stereo'
    speed: '-2'
    voice: Nancy

We’re not the only ones in this situation, by the way. Sonos also has issues playing low quality streams, they also use voicerss where quality can be set.

1 Like

Did not help unfortunatly.

I’m also having problem with audio pro. I have 3 speakers, and some combinations works great, while some doesn’t.
When i join speakers, it looks ok for a second, and then it looks like it goes back to unjoined, but when i look att the slaves attribute its still joined. If i start music on the slave, it plays in the master and the slave is quiet.

Did you try adding multiroom_wifidirect: False to all your speakers config?