Linksys Velop & Home Assistanst

I’m about to upgrade my network setup to the Linksys Velop. In my current setup I’m using my asus router for presence detection. In components I found two components for Linksys, https://home-assistant.io/components/device_tracker.linksys_smart/ and https://home-assistant.io/components/device_tracker.linksys_ap/ .

Anyone have experience from using Linksys Velop together with these components? Will it work? Which one to use?

//F

Don’t want to disappoint you but the Velop is not fully “DEVELOPPED” no pun intended.
I fought with it for 3 months, finally took it back and replaced it for Netgear Orbi.
If you still have a chance, look into Orbi.

I am a 4-5 month Velop user, and I completely agree with the comment above - AVOID!

It is not ready for market, suffers from poor software development and inadequate support. In short, it simply does not work reliably. If you are still thinking of purchasing read the Linksys support forum - it is packed with disgruntled users and the back messages are full of people who have (luckily) returned it.

1 Like

hmmm, okey. My worries with the orbi is the size. Looks pretty big to me, and the cost is ~€100 more compared to the 2-pack Velop I’m thinking of.

What are the major flaws with the Velop? Software or hardware?

If not Orbi, any other suggestions?

I got the RBK40. Router and 1 satellite. More than enough for 4000sqft or 350sqmts. Cost bout usd350 in Amazon.

The velop software is horrendous. The interface is poor. Initially they restricted access trough the app only, but eventually opened the web UI.

Where to start: the nodes frequently dropped, I had regular conflict with Apple devices. Resetting it is the most frustrating process. You press you wait, it doesn’t reset, press again, then try to link again, several attempts. Ahhh!

The Orbi was a breeze to set up. Works very well. It’s really fast and now it also has Ethernet backhaul, which was the reason I preferred the velop initially.

Unless they’ve fixed it in the last 3 months I strongly suggest you look at something else.

1 Like

I hear you… =) Well, I guess Orbi it is!

you wont regret it.

You have dodged a bullet and will never know how lucky you are :slight_smile:

Hello guys
Just bumping the topic to say got the Linksys Velop tryband system 8 month ago and suffer like crazy for the first 4 month with a system that cost me 700+ $. After those first 4 month and 7 hours on the phone with costumer support i had no more issues with the system. Is there any way to integrate this to hassio?? thank you in advance