List view in media browser

I have media browser setup in Home Assistant, with a directory with my security camera recordings and pictures.

However, the thumbnail view makes it hard to identity the files.

I would like to request the feature to have the files in a list view instead. File name, file type and creation date should be the most useful headers. If it is possible to sort the columns too it would be a bonus (but not necessary).

I was wondering if this is possible. I have the same problem with recordings from Shinobi. Its more or less useless with big white tiles displaying the same info.

1 Like

To my surprise the homeassistant app on android doesn’t play the mp4 files of Shinobi (only the web browser does). So two issues with the media. The solution is simple enough.
Install Samba, share /home/Shinobi and use FE File Explorer from the play store.
it sorts the files nicely and includes a player with a perfect and fast left right swipe to peek through the videos

List view is fine, but to have the possibility to memorise state and not have to clic on list view each time will be really great thank by advance