Listening on Tuya Doorbell ring into a webhook

Hey everyone, I made a small docker container to listen to Tuya Doorbell ring and have-it integrated into hass as a webhook call. an example automation is included also with many ideas :smiley:

Have a look at nimda95/hass-tuya-doorbell-notification

Iā€™ve based-it only on the doorbell I have, which is the one sold in Action Belgium.

Have a look, and if anybody is interested in turning-it into a pluging in HACS, Iā€™ll be more than happy to chime-in :smiley:

If anybody is interested in having-it integrated over MQTT I can make that happen, this is just quick and dirty PoC.

it would be so awesome if it could be integrated into home asistant fully. and not need a docker container.

and as you state. the whole purpose of a doorbell is to be able to do something when the button is pushed.

i dont know much about coding in python. so i wil not be able to help whatsoever. :frowning:

I took a different route as my pi is already handling a lot of containers and I donā€™t want to have yet another one for a small use case. So I took a different route:

I bought myself a doorbell receiver that integrates with the existing doorbell. If activated, I want to capture a photo and push it to the companion app if Iā€™m not at home. And I want our Alexa speakers to make a announcement and my pixel clock to display the sth.

There needs to be some kind of ā€œproxyā€, receiving the doorbell event and pushing it to HA. I bought a tuya smart socket, an USB one in my case as I want it as small as possible. Next, I configured an automation (I used Alexa as integration was quite good, but SmartLife/Tuya IoT is also possible). Everytime the doorbell is pressed, the socket is switched on and off after 30 sec. In HA, I subscribed to the activation of the socket as it mimics the doorbell and I was able to create the automation for the use case described above.

So instead if running my own container, I use Tuya / Alexa infrastructure and the small socket, which costs me around ~2ā‚¬.

for now im just using a virtual button/device in the tuya cloud developer dashboard. and made a automation to flip the switch when the doorbell is pushed. but i feel like it is rather slow. it takes some time before HA is notified. and is then able to notify me.

I recently bought one of these tuya doorbells, and was looking for a way to get the ring event and use it in and automation, so while searching for alternatives, got to this post. I got the docker and set it to run but Iā€™m not getting notifications when I press the button, are there any extra steps required in the tuya cloud to get the notifications?

So this is what I done so far to get this to work:
in the Tuya cloud, you may have to change your project, you need to enable the ā€œMessage Serviceā€, else youā€™re not going to get a connection even if you have the API enabled. Once you do that youā€™ll get a connection and hopefully youā€™ll get the messages, with my version of the doorbell (standard non video) the Tuya Implementation of the events didnā€™t included the ring event, so I had to do an extra set of steps: go to devices list select the device (doorbell) then press the ā€œDebug Deviceā€ Operation at the end of the list, that will open a new browser tab, then you select the ā€œDevice Debuggingā€ section and in there you select a link on the top message that says product details, there youā€™ll find the " Control Instruction Mode", and you need to select the ā€œDP Instructionā€, that way youā€™ll get all messages not just the ones Tuya Cloud has mapped for that device. (Remember to save that configuration).
There is also a slight change in the app.js code to get the message you need because @nimda95 code is meant for his specific model, so that payload ā€œevent_notifyā€ may be different from what you needā€¦

this is the doorbell that I got as a reference: Amazon.com

I hope this helps any of you as a complement for the excellent work of @nimda95.

Hi, I need also this solution, so I found a simular solution from 2022 (but found it again). This I had understood, that you see ther virtual device in HA.

I defined the virtual device but I didnā€™t find in Home Assistant and not in the Smart-Live-App.

So I didnā€™t know how to define the automation in the Tuya iOT . Please can you explain your steps.

My Tuya-Integration is the ā€œlocal Tuyaā€. Also I tried the offical integration.

Thanks