Live 3D floor plan release 1.0

Hello all,

I’m very proud to announce the release 1.0 of my custom card: GitHub - adizanni/floor3d-card: Floor 3D Card to visualize Home Assistant entities using objects in a
Not all planned features are inside but I’ve tried to listen to you and all your new features requests.

I’ve improved the stablity and performance (very small things): shadow limitation (related to the MAX TEXTURE supported by the GPU, ) is still there and will hardly be improved. For the moment I will close this issue #35, but stay tuned I will try to see an alternative to manage shadow (maybe less elegant but working on all GPUs)

New entity types:

Doors: it is now possible to open and close doors depending on the on/off state of an entity. For the moment I’m not able to manage the grouping of objects for this entity so, you will move the big door panel but not the other objects. I’m working to a tutorial to explain how to get a door that is working well by modifying your obj file or using the next version of the plugin (GitHub - adizanni/ExportToHASS: Sweethome3D Plugin for Home Assistant Export) not yet ready.

Rotate: it is now possible to do basic animation (rotate) on objects. (see #38)

Both these features are in very early development, I need your feedback in order to improve / fix.

8 Likes

Cool! Is this card “flexible” in the sense that If I create a bigger smaller floorplan (redo) it is easy to replace the entities? Or is it a build once and reacreate one if I need a change?

Hello sender, in fact you have spot one of the weaknesses of this card. I’m addressing it, by a sweethome3d plugin that is under development (GitHub - adizanni/ExportToHASS: Sweethome3D Plugin for Home Assistant Export). This allows for a stable name for the 3D objects and thus it makes the card very resiliient to changes.

2 Likes

This sounds really promising! Good work!

Hi
First of all, congratulations for having developed a great tool ! very very impressive.
I am having a small issue using the door animation. The angle change works but the door does not appear open as the original position of the door remains
I have shown the attachment. Please tell me what I have got wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Ashok

doorissue