Livolo RF433 Switches

Hi Oliver,
i choose the Livolo switches only because they was the only switched that supported the 2-way function (the time i bought them).

It makes me feel a bit complicated to make the second approach you wrote (even though I’m a programmer). Do you have a simple guide that can explain a little bit about how I do it?

Thanks for the quick answer !

Here is where I got the code for control livolo using mysensors node:

https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/4948/multi-rf433-switches-node/8

If you have already a mysensors gateway configured with your HASS setup it would be the fast and cheap way… If you are familiar with mysensors of course.
You could use a mqtt + wifi node as well.

But you should consider changing livolos to sonoff, and you can setup 2-3-4-5-6 ways inside HASS once you will have status report…just create an automation trigged by status from one switch and acting over another switch…

About the other idea that I am thinking on my new house, here in Brazil there is a developer selling this:

Take a look at picture showing the circuit example…
I have one installed on my kitchen and controlled by RM-PRO with 100% of accuracy with different ON and OFF commands…

I have a question about the Livolo two way switches.

Do they receive separate On and Off commands from the remote, and detect whether to toggle depending on the current state of the light?

Or do they just receive a single command, and toggle the light regardless of its current state?

all livolos (1 or 2 way) have just OFF and TOGGLE, but the OFF command send OFF to ALL gangs of that switch.
You can teach different remote commands to the same switch, so you get a dedicated OFF to each gang…
And you can use SCENE buttons (there is a remote control with scene buttons) to create a dedicated ON on 1-way switches…

I already have 3 1-way Livolo switches, and they do have separate ON and OFF commands from the remote, so I don’t quite understand your comments.

I am trying to determine if I can send an ON command from a remote to a 2-way switch and make sure it turns on, rather than just toggle.

Edit:
Sorry, my existing switches are Sessoo, not Livolo. They just look identical.

I have never seen a Livolo with dedicated ON command, but if you say you have a separate ON command, the switch should turn ON!!!
If you get a Toggle you just think you have an ON command, when in fact it is just a Toggle command. Got it?

I was about to start searching a livolo with ON command…
But now I want these Sessoo to test!!! I will search… thanks

I had assumed that they were all just the same item rebranded, but obviously not. If I press my ON button twice, the light stays on, so it is definitely not a toggle.

1 Like

How about the accuracy control from RM-PRO? How often do you have to send command again?

I use an Energenie PiMote for the 433MHz signal. I have my own driver, and have set the length of the signal so I don’t normally have any problems with reception.

Thanks… I have never known about this…
I only knew RFXTRX and RFLink, both not available here in Brazil as well

A fast research shows me it is not like RFX and RFLink, with a ready library and a long compatible devices list

Is there HASS components or at least is it setup streigh forward or aplicable for low skilled programmer people?

And by the way. Can you control Somfy motors?

I originally got the PiMote to control Energenie TRVs and plugs. I was surprised when it worked with the light switches as well.

Originally, I had intended to use openMQTTGateway to communicate with the switches. This should work, and is available in Brazil as it is open source.

Eventually, I did use the receive side of OpenMQTTGateway to receive signals from the remotes, so I can now trigger actions in HA from them.

1 Like

Anyone using Livolo dimmers? Are you able to dim with a remote and with HASS?

ola Fernando. Estou com problemas na numeração dos remote ID. Em todas as literaturas que tive acesso , indicam que podem ser utilizados números no range de 1-65000 ,e outros falam que tem que possuir o numero de uns “1” 7 vezes. O problema que passo é que ao programar um interruptor da casa com um id e programar outro com outro id ambos se interferem, um acendendo e outro apagando, mesmo possuindo ids diferentes. Vc tem alguma dica que possa compartilhar? abraços.