Local calendar option

Not sure if this is how the service call should be created, but when I push the “call service” button, HA gives a “Unable to find service local_calendar.create_event” message.

Do I need to add something to configuration.yaml or am I missing something else?

Thanks,
Marco

1 Like

Local calendar has moved into core with add and delete via the UI in 2022.12 currently in beta

I’ll likely be turning down the custom component soon. Thanks everyone for trying it out.

6 Likes

This is such an awesome addition to HA! Thanks Allen :+1::tada:

Hi.
Very excited at the prospect of this, thank you for your work!

I am now on 2022.12.0, and I feel a bit silly but I can’t see where to add a personal calendar or an event?
I have ‘Calendar’ on the sidebar, and it has the Garbage Collection one I use, but not sure how to add my own etc?
Where do I find the documentation?

Thanks!

It’s called " local calendar *

1 Like

Thank you!!
:100:

Thank you!! The calendar in ha needed some love, it was long forgotten…
Is there any service available to set calendar entries?

Not yet, but will likely generalize the service for Google calendar to work for all calendars that support creation.

3 Likes

Is there a way to setup semi weekly or bi weekly events? And is there a way to display multi day events? like vacations, having everyday in the event marked?

Is it possible to import an .ics file into the local calendar?
Eg. for waste collection schedules?

1 Like

Am I stupid or something? What am I missing?

There is NO WAY to interact with the local calendar (?!?).

Super easy to create a new local calendar in the integration view, but then what? There is no service to add or remove events, and it is not possible to do so using the calendar pannel in the GUI, and it is also not possible to do anything but renaming / changing the ID when opening the entity (with the INFO/SETTINGS/RELATED-tabs).

The state will always be “off”, and the attributes with next event will never be populated, since there will never be any events. Why not replace it with a binary_sensor with hardcoded “off” value? They seem to be just as useful…

Or I am missing something obvious? :frowning:

It seems you’ve missed reading any of this or other threads on the topic and understanding that this is a work in progress.

As Allen pointed out three posts above yours, services are being worked on.

You can remove/delete events from the Calendar dashboard.

The state will be “off” unless the current date and time falls within an event. Unlike a hardcoded binary sensor, calendar events can be used to trigger automations and as conditions for scripts and automations.

I do understand it is a work in progress, but if you cannot do anything with it it is not even an MVP.

My key point was that there was (is?) no way to add events. I do understand that if there is an event, the state will change from off to on, and also attributes will populate. But that does not matter if you cannot add any events.

I also know someone pointed out that there was no services, and i didread that. There does not have to be services, but if there are no other ways either, then it is not possible to interact with the calendar in any way. Having no GUI is fine, if you have services, and having no services is also fine, if you have GUI. This does not have any of those (yet!), and that was my key point.

So I am obviously still missing something. All other things you can interact with, you click the entity. It does not matter if it is a light (then you have an on/off switch, possibly also color wheel), or a input text (then you have a text field) or a toggle (then you have a toggle) but if you click a calendar entity, then you get nothing.

Not sure what you mean with a calendar dashboard. When I add a calendar to a dashboard, using the calendar card, there is also no way to add events.

In the calendar view there is an add event in bottom right corner to add events (or delete) in local calendar.

1 Like

How can i schedule my hvac with the local Calendar?

Sorry, but i did not found that option.
I configured my local calendar in this way:

- type: calendar
            initial_view: dayGridMonth
            entities:
              - calendar.compleanni
              - calendar.inter_calendar

But in the lovelace view there is NO ‘add’ botton as you can see here:

PS: there is no more “Lovelace” in HA :wink:

Try scroll down :wink:

@maurizio53

There isn’t an Add Event button on Calendar cards yet, you must use the Calendar Dashboard which can be accessed from the sidebar or Quick Bar

1 Like

Is there a way to import an ical as a local calendar, or to a local calendar?

Background: In South Africa, due to power supply constraints, we have rolling blackouts, scheduled according to available generation capacity in different levels. The schedule is available as an ics file from a helpful individual. (Thank you very much!). The ics file is updated as the schedule changes, and in particular, as the amount of capacity that needs to be offloaded changes.

What I am trying to do then is to import this ics file into the local calendar, such that it will be kept locally to be referred to, but also that it will be periodically synchronised with its origin/refreshed to gather new events. Is that possible with the local calendar?