Local endpoint / local webhooks equivalent?

I have a secure local network I intend to take offline after configuration and was wondering how you did the equivalent of local endpoints on a hubitat which is essentially local webhooks. I literally just got this setup with hacs and have no idea where to start. (Also which zigbee and z wave usb cards I can use on a rpi4b4gb :man_shrugging:)

Iā€™m not familiar with Hubitat, but is this what youā€™re after?

Maybe? Is that for allowing events to happen upon the trigger of something accessing a local web url? And opening a web url upon a trigger happening?

i set this up on a rpi4 last night im not entirely sure wtf im doingā€¦

It may help to understand what youā€™re trying to achieve - can you give an example?
Iā€™m not familiar with Hubitat.

I use the API to set an entity state which in turn triggers an automation, but Iā€™m aware thereā€™s a lot more it can do.

Thatā€™s how it starts for most of us.

ok so heres the thing, my hubitat unit is a bit slow running all my crap, i have a bunch of zigbee motion sensors and z wave motion sensors and repeaters and switches and its all set up dandy, but i really just want it to sit there and issue commands given by the home assistant. i think the maker API is for that, however idk wtf im doing, so i thought maybe just using a local endpoint to recieve commands on the hubitat and putting the thinking onto the home assistant would be a bettter idea. especially since i can add tuya devices to the home assistant. also how do i even begin making something to automate lighting and wait 5 minutes until turning off? is there a gui way thats managable so i can set everything up and then go back once its working and look at the code to see what happened and how to get there via code so i can further extrapolate how to do other stuff? or if you could explain how this is supposed to be done? or something idk

So you have your devices setup in Hubitat but you want HA to control it to resolve performance issues with Hubitat?
i.e. HA > webhook > {command to} Hubitat > device {state change} > API HA?

Honestly I wouldnā€™t know where to start with that approach - and itā€™s not something that I would attempt because it seems like it would just add additional complexity and potential for things going wrong. Youā€™d have to find some way of representing the Hubitat devices in HA.

Iā€™m really not able to add anything to the numerous YouTube videos and blogs demonstrating HA, although I would note that itā€™s worth only reviewing recently published ones as HA has undergone massive changes over the last few months as more functionality is brought into the GUI for user-friendliness.

Iā€™d suggest (if you have a spare device) adding a single device to your HA setup and experimenting yourself - IMHO itā€™s the most effective way of understanding the platform and its capabilities.
Or maybe consider NodeRed if you are simply looking for an alternative to ā€˜Rules Engineā€™ (disclaimer: I donā€™t use NodeRed).
Before that though Iā€™d investigate why Hubitat was having performance issues.

it just isnt capable of doing everthing. between the notifiers and schedulers and rules specifically just to update virtual switches at periodic intervals and the security monitor and the ifttt integration and like just everything. also is there a plug and play usb dongle for (heh dongle) zigbee and z wave? or one for each? whatever is reliable because if i have issues due to something like that i dont think i would have any idea why. also do you know of a good youtube video to explain automations and how to do something like making motion controlled lighting? and ya i noticed i reinstalled HA literally three times looking for hass.io until a new video showed that it apparently is in a diffrent place now lol. and i used an sd card reader built into a laptopā€™s usb 1.0 port so i took forever.

p.s. i really want the end game to be getting statuses from an ecowitt soil moisture sensor on the hubitat and linking that to the HA somehow to control a switch to control an arduino being powered on to control a pump for a specified period then stop

Iā€™m really struggling to understand what you want from this and how you expect it to work.

I havenā€™t used any YouTube guides myself so canā€™t recommend any from personal experience.

Well I donā€™t right now have USB dongles for either z wave or zigbee which is why I wanted to use the hubitat, however I wanted to try to use the hubitat to issue commands and the home assistant to deal with the logic but that doesnā€™t seem like it will help my case, the end goal was to use the hubitat for its integration with ecowitt soil moisture sensors and specifically to deal with watering my plants based on soil moisture and the day of the week, and to use the home assistant to deal to deal my motion sensors, temperature sensors, and zigbee bulbs, either directly or through my hue bridge and have it automate the lighting, security, and pushover notifications if possible but Iā€™m not sure where to start, hubitat was easier lol. Iā€™ll probably just fiddle with it and order the sticks and wait for them then figure it out.

i got my hubitat to work with maker api to get all my motion sensors and zigbee/zwave switches so homeassistant is currently acting as the logic, my hue bridge as my light controller and i got everything to work but cant figure out how to add boolean toggles to a lovelace dash. i have all the ā€œonā€ lighting automations (cant figure out how to make one both turn something on and off, probably doing this wrong) dependant on boolean toggles but i cant figure out how to add the boolean toggle to the dash via uiā€¦ any idea? i dont know what tile or whatever it is calledā€¦

Simplest way to add to the dashboard would be the entities card.

To use one automation for on and off, look at the chooser

Alrighty this thing is really packed with stuff lol, just realized how to use the entity card properly. is there any way to use automations to change the color temperature? It does have brightness as an option under automations but I donā€™t see color temperature, although it is available when I click on the group or light. Do I have to like use the code and add something specific?

Iā€™m not familiar with Hue automations as I donā€™t have any.

Iā€™d suggest using the documentation on integrations, checking for suitable information in these forums and then (assuming you have no luck) posting a specific question in a separate thread covering what you are trying to achieve with details of your integration etc.