Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

Mine says “unplugged” as well. But the port is passed through to the HassOS VM. And it also doesn’t gave a description. You can check in the command line with lsusb and eliminate devices which are sure to be something else. By the looks of it, you port 2-3 is correct.

Ofcourse.
Just google
PCI passthrough proxmox
Will try to find some links and paste here:
Obviously you are not passing GPU or coral, but to get the idea

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF#Ensuring_that_the_groups_are_valid
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF#Using_identical_guest_and_host_GPUs

Aaaaaaaaand the script for IMMOU group list:

#!/bin/bash
for d in $(find /sys/kernel/iommu_groups/ -type l | sort -n -k5 -t/); do
    n=${d#*/iommu_groups/*}; n=${n%%/*}
    printf 'IOMMU Group %s ' "$n"
    lspci -nns "${d##*/}"
done;
1 Like

Did now a complete different way. Installed Tiny Cam Monitor on the dashboard and open the app via tasker instead of a camera inside homeassistant.
It’s working much better.

Homeassistant and cameras is a mess.

PS: webrtc is the best solution inside homeassistant, but not reliable on my dashboard.

I just resetup my HA and I’m facing an issue, when using hardware accelleration. The cameras just show a green screen and

ffmpeg.Einfahrt.detect ERROR : Unknown decoder 'h264_mmal

I remember, that I needed to update the codec and/or change the config in the RPi4 root to activate hardware accelleration, but I cannot find the post anymore.

Can anybody help? Thank you so much. :pray:

Good people of this thread, please be so kind go this link and vote for Feature Request. Thank you <3

1 Like

i have this:

ffmpeg:
  # Optional: global ffmpeg args (default: shown below)
  global_args: -hide_banner -loglevel warning
  # Optional: global hwaccel args (default: shown below)
  # NOTE: See hardware acceleration docs for your specific device
  hwaccel_args:
    - -hwaccel
    - qsv
    - -qsv_device
    - /dev/dri/renderD128
  # Optional: global input args (default: shown below)
  input_args: -avoid_negative_ts make_zero -fflags +genpts+discardcorrupt -rtsp_transport tcp -stimeout 5000000 -use_wallclock_as_timestamps 1
  # Optional: global output args
  output_args:
    # Optional: output args for detect streams (default: shown below)
    detect: -f rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p
    # Optional: output args for record streams (default: shown below)
    #longloading-record: -f segment -segment_time 60 -segment_format mp4 -reset_timestamps 1 -strftime 1 -c:v libx264 -an
    #longloading-clips: -f segment -segment_time 10 -segment_format mp4 -reset_timestamps 1 -strftime 1 -c:v libx264 -an

record: -f segment -segment_time 60 -segment_format mp4 -reset_timestamps 1 -strftime 1 -c copy -an
    # Optional: output args for clips streams (default: shown below)
    clips: -f segment -segment_time 10 -segment_format mp4 -reset_timestamps 1 -strftime 1 -c copy -an

I’m having the same issue. There’s a note that you have to disable Protection Mode if using the Add-on (which I do) bit the problem (green screen) remains.

Hi Guys,

Anyone had success with installing and configuring this module? If so, can you please share the configuration?
I’m worried that I won’t be able to utilize it through ESXi
(running my HA using VM)

Regards,
Didi

What a great idea, I voted!

1 Like

I finally solved it for my config. I hope this works for you too:

ffmpeg:
  hwaccel_args:
    - '-c:v'
    - h264_mmal

Changed to:

ffmpeg:
  hwaccel_args:
    - '-c:v'
    - h264_v4l2m2m

I’m giving Frigate another shot but recently upgraded my Synology to DSM 7.0
It appears that DSM 7.0 limits the compatibility of USB devices and not Frigate doesn’t detect it.

Has anyone been able to get the USB Coral device to work with 7.0?

When I plug in the Coral, I get the following entry with lsusb

|__2-1 1a6e:089a:0100 00 3.10 5000MBit/s 896mA 1IF ( ffffffd1ffffffb2ffffffdbffffffad)

$ lsusb
|__usb1 1d6b:0002:0404 09 2.00 480MBit/s 0mA 1IF (Linux 4.4.180+ xhci-hcd xHCI Host Controller 0000:00:15.0) hub
|__1-4 f400:f400:0100 00 2.00 480MBit/s 200mA 1IF (Synology DiskStation )
|__usb2 1d6b:0003:0404 09 3.00 5000MBit/s 0mA 1IF (Linux 4.4.180+ xhci-hcd xHCI Host Controller 0000:00:15.0) hub
|__2-1 1a6e:089a:0100 00 3.10 5000MBit/s 896mA 1IF ( ffffffd1ffffffb2ffffffdbffffffad)

the differences from sudo cat /dev/bus/usb/devices with the Coral plugged in vs. not plugged in shows

T: Bus=02 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 2 Spd=5000 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 3.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 9 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=1a6e ProdID=089a Rev= 1.00
S: Product=USBDevice
S: SerialNumber=ffffffd1ffffffb2ffffffdbffffffad
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=896mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=fe(app. ) Sub=01 Prot=02 Driver=(none)

I read that modules needs to load manually. Search in Reddit channel. But I’m not sure does it help with Coral.

I’m getting on great with Frigate but I’m seeing a lot of repeated events with stationary objects e.g. vehicles parked on the street. Has anyone found a way of dealing with this?

Also, I’ve got a zone set up in my driveway… is there any way to treat this zone as a separate camera, for handing off snapshots to other integrations which monitor cameras and/or MQTT messages from Frigate (specifically, HASS-plate-recognizer and Double-Take for number plate & face recognition respectively). Or is there a better way to go about doing this?

Create an automation that sends clip to integration

You can use example for sending notification

Omfg after last update 7.0 the latest frigate addon is working like a freaking beast!!! Loading of the cameras and events are like instant !!! BZUUUUMMM !! NICE !!!

I have a question regarding notifications,
I’m currently getting notifications for object detections as soon as they are detected, which is amazing, however I’m getting multiple notifications at once. What I mean is When someone is standing at the door, I will get notifications every time they move slightly. Same with a car coming up the driveway, I’ll get multiple notifications as the car moves.

Is there a way that I can get the notification when the person or car is first detected, and not for the duration of the event?

The aim here is to have a notification as soon as a person or car is detected within my zones and send me an image of that person or car.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Add delay at end of automation Actions to prevent retriggers for, as an example, 30 seconds

delay:
  hours: 0
  minutes: 0
  seconds: 30
  milliseconds: 0

You also may need to add a tag into action for notification to allow overwrite of previous vs multiple display

USB Coral Stick changes PID/VID after Initialization. How do you mount it to your container ?