Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

People have been able to get other USB devices to work but so far I haven’t heard of anyone getting the Coral stick to work with it.
Synology has said they have no plans to add official support to USB devices other than UPSs and storage devices.
The Synology seems to see it ok but it doesn’t get passed to the Docker container

1 Like

I believe I’ve found the folder in the frigate docker. However, I cannot mount to it, it errors as read only.

Here is my config for a WYZE v2 camera

cameras:
  # Name of your camera
  front_door:
    ffmpeg:
      hwaccel_args:
        - -hwaccel
        - qsv
        - -qsv_device
        - /dev/dri/renderD128
      inputs:
        - path: rtsp://user:[email protected]/live 
          roles:
            - detect
            - clips
            - rtmp
1 Like

Thanks!
Quick Q, how do you know if hwaccel is working? And do you need HWaccel if you have a TPU?

Anyone have this running in Portainer? It’d be very helpful to see the details of your setup. I’m a container noob.

Yes you CAN! :smiley:

1 Like
volumes:
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
      - <path_to_config_file>:/config/config.yml:ro
      - <path_to_directory_for_media>:/media/frigate
      - type: tmpfs # Optional: 1GB of memory, reduces SSD/SD Card wear
        target: /tmp/cache
        tmpfs:
          size: 1000000000

Which config does this refer to, what is the default path?
- <path_to_config_file>:/config/config.yml:ro

frigate main config file

@tmjpugh the one with the camera definitions?

yes

EDIT
From documentation:
For HassOS installations, the default location for the config file is /config/frigate.yml.

For all other installations, the default location for the config file is /config/config.yml. This can be overridden with the CONFIG_FILE environment variable.

1 Like

Thanks so much. I finally got it setup in Portainer. All is working now, mounted drive and all. Thanks for the help.

You don’t need hwaccel but it’s recommended to enable it even if you have tpu. Ffmpeg is using hwaccel to check frames and tpu is analysing for person. You can try without hwaccel and see what is the CPU usage and after that enable hwaccel and the CPU usage should be lowered.

I have discovered that browsing Frigate media recordings every night between 00:00-01:00 are empty (Media Sources → Frigate → Recordings → August 2021 → August 10 → 00:00:00 → “no items” for example).
Files are actually in place and are accessible from Local Media (Media Sources → Local Media → ftrigate → recordings → 2021-08 → 10 → 00 → Cam name → …).
Can anybody confirm this issue or is it only mine?

Question…
When using Pushover i’ve got all the notifications lined up i a list.
But when i’m using the HA notifications they just disappear when opening it and leading to nowhere. This sucks. Is this normal behavior of the HA app or am I just using it wrong?
Using Android…

If you weren’t aware there is a separate forum for the android app:

1 Like

Does 2021.8.6 break Frigate? I got an error message that it couldn’t set it up when I upgraded

negative.all good

Strange, I got the message with brower_mod, variable, and frigate. Which is weird since frigate has an integration. I tried multiple restarts but all got the same message. I upgraded from 2021.5.4. did I miss anything in between?

My frigate integrations stopped working when I upgraded to 2021.8.3 last weekend so I went back to 2021.7.4. There was a message posted in this thread about 16 days ago that indicated a fix was already in the works. I will try upgrading to 2021.8.6 tomorrow.

Good to know I’m not the only one. Let me know if you experience the same thing. I didn’t see any updates on the aforementioned integration, so that why I wanted to see if it was isolated to me or others were experiencing it