Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

Hi,

in the conf of the LXC Container i use this (dont remember what is for the m2 and what is for the h264 decoder of the cpu)

arch: amd64
cores: 8
features: nesting=1
hostname: frigate
memory: 8192
mp0: mainstorage:subvol-107-disk-0,mp=/var/lib/docker,backup=1,size=1536G
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,hwaddr=DE:9D:AB:08:xx:xx,ip=dhcp,type=veth
onboot: 1
ostype: ubuntu
rootfs: local-lvm:vm-107-disk-0,size=64G
startup: order=5
swap: 8192
unprivileged: 0
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 226:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 226:128 rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 29:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 189:* rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 120:* rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: a
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/dri dev/dri none bind,optional,create=dir
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/fb0 dev/fb0 none bind,optional,create=file
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/apex_0 dev/apex_0 none bind,optional,create=file 0, 0
lxc.apparmor.profile: unconfined
lxc.cap.drop: 
lxc.mount.auto: cgroup:rw

in frigate its only:

detectors:
  coral1:
    type: edgetpu
    device: pci

1 Like

I’m thinking about replacing my main camera (it has a single rtsp stream which isn’t configurable) with something that has more configuration options.

I’m trying the IMOU Bullet 2 4MP ipc-f42fe

Does anyone have this camera and if so, could you share your settings?

Hi All i just finish with the installation and been reading for the last 5 hours on how to get the ffmpeg configruation correct. But can someone explain to me for the love of god… what the hell is all these thing your all adding on to the ffmpeg mean? where to get those information off my camera? and which one to choice?

I have 6 dahua cameras every single one come back with FFMPEG process crashed unexpectedly, …You may have invalid args defined for this camera… I mean hell is there like a table, program, compatible sheet we can get spec from?

FYI currently I’m not even using for recording or detection (at least not until i get a coral HW) I just want to use it for streaming as it does have much lower lag them any addon I tested. Will webRTC is like 500ms faster but its PIA to get it working on WAN.

No need to add any extra arguments for ffmpeg for Dahua camera’s, the default settings will work for the Dahua.
If you want audio from the camera as well then you will need to change some parameters which are actually documented on the frigate.video documentation.
Make sure that on your cameras you have x264 instead of x265 and make sure you set the correct resolution of the camera.
Always start to configure one camera first to make Frigate working after which you can add other cameras to the config.

Hmm not sure here my configuration it as empty as it get.
Frigate configuration

Here the setup with everything running at start:

Capture

Camera setting from VLC

After oh an hour or so error pop up.

Would you mind helping me out in the thread below?

Im trying desperately to get the usb coral going on proxmox straight up through USB with no pcie slots to pass through.
If i have to run frigate in its own lxc for coral to work i can live with that, but then how did you integrate with home assistant and the frigate add-in etc such that you can still see and browse the recordings from the home assistant app etc?
Thanks!

Will as much as I hate seeing all the error so far the steam feed is coming over good. Only got 2 sec delay even view over wan. So I guess I’ll can ignore all those error for now, since I’m still testing the program. My current BI setting up is running nicely.

However as was testing out cameras load on the system. Found another issue which is even much odd. It seems it doesn’t like more then 2 cameras lol… See below SS. Let me be clear these three cameras are setup the same, both in set my camera setting and in frigate config. And all 3 camera are the same brand and mode. Pretty much the 3rd camera that get load up eat the dust, no matter which one it is very very ODD…

I’m running the friage addon. My hassio is in proxmox vm on a NUCi3 gen 8, 16gb ram, 500gb m.2 SSD with 8gb ram allot to HA.

If just two any combo it load up ok. (will error will be pop up later but both cam does load).

Read the Frigate docs again, all the information is there. You install Home-assistant integration and configure it with remote IP of your lxc running Frigate, this will give you cameras and other frigate entities in Home-Assistant. If you want to see Frigate in the sidebar you will need to use Frigate Proxy add-on in Home-Assistant.

This is because you are using spaces in your camera names. Replace those spaces with an underscore.

haha that does it. Got all 6 cameras loaded up. rtmp steam setting to 1280x720 only with no record or detect turn on added 16% cpu load on HA according to the frigate info. Not bad considering now viewing live steam on wan it almost the same live view in VLC on lan. This is :star_struck:

Question im using the frigate hass card if i do live stream with frigate setting it have audio, but if i use frigate jsmpeg setting it doesn’t have audio. Is that the limitation of jsmpeg format? I do prefer jsmpeg as compare frigate. Frigate setting have an 6 sec delay I think that setting is just via direct rstp steam as it about the same delay as onvif format.

Also after awhile running all those error pop up again, however it does seem to effect the steam. Anyone have a cameras configuring for dahua? armcrest will work too.

Sorry to hijack with a silly one - I’ve been able to pull my Nest Wired Doorbell into HA as a camera entiry (camera.front_door). I’ve not been able to get an rtsp stream URL though…

Is it at all possible to use the camera.front_door entity in Frigate?

Hi Folks,

I constantly get this error:

frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-26 08:18:05] watchdog.camera2               ERROR   : FFMPEG process crashed unexpectedly for camera2.
frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-26 08:18:05] watchdog.camera2               ERROR   : The following ffmpeg logs include the last 100 lines prior to exit.
frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-26 08:18:05] watchdog.camera2               ERROR   : You may have invalid args defined for this camera.
frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-26 08:18:05] ffmpeg.camera2.detect          ERROR   : Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream #0.1 : mono
frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-26 08:18:05] ffmpeg.camera2.detect          ERROR   : Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?): No space left on device

can you point me in the right direction?
I have a dedicated SSD

What is the meaning of “No space left on device”

REST API for Stream Sources · Discussion #695 · home-assistant/architecture · GitHub is a proposal to make this happen but implemented yet

Hi,

I moved the cache to external SSD and I moved to the 10beta6 image,
I don’t get any more the error regarding the disk space, but i started to see this

frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-29 07:45:45] frigate.object_processing      WARNING : Unable to create jpg because frame 1643438729.867501 is not in the cache
frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-29 07:45:46] frigate.object_processing      WARNING : Unable to create jpg because frame 1643438729.867501 is not in the cache

any ideas?
regards

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way for me to get the notification to my phone immediately when an event is starting? I mean at least a snapshot of the motion event? I do get the notifications but it’s after the person (for example delivery guy) left my front door. I tried to make the notification with a priority but it’s still the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Didi

@tinglis1 Did you need to do anything special to make it work in the 7060 ?

I have a 7060sff, and just installed a dual coral e into the wifi slot, and its not detected in proxmox :frowning:
In the bios wifi+bt is enabled, so that should turn the m.2 slot on ?
I also have uefi mode set in the bios/proxmox

I use mine with unraid, i had to install a driver to make it work with docker. Hardware for use with docker needs to have drivers installed on the host.
If you are using proxmox it should show as a device to pass through.

This is the detected hardware details unraid shows for me.

Thanks
It doesnt show up with lspci
I have updated the bios to the latest, and still no go

Currently creating a linux boot usb key, to see if that even see’s it :expressionless:

You can also try unraid as it has a trial period. The coral driver is in the App Store from memory

A ubuntu iso cannot see it even
So its either faulty, or just wont work in a 7060sff wifi slot :frowning: it seems