Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

haha that does it. Got all 6 cameras loaded up. rtmp steam setting to 1280x720 only with no record or detect turn on added 16% cpu load on HA according to the frigate info. Not bad considering now viewing live steam on wan it almost the same live view in VLC on lan. This is :star_struck:

Question im using the frigate hass card if i do live stream with frigate setting it have audio, but if i use frigate jsmpeg setting it doesn’t have audio. Is that the limitation of jsmpeg format? I do prefer jsmpeg as compare frigate. Frigate setting have an 6 sec delay I think that setting is just via direct rstp steam as it about the same delay as onvif format.

Also after awhile running all those error pop up again, however it does seem to effect the steam. Anyone have a cameras configuring for dahua? armcrest will work too.

Sorry to hijack with a silly one - I’ve been able to pull my Nest Wired Doorbell into HA as a camera entiry (camera.front_door). I’ve not been able to get an rtsp stream URL though…

Is it at all possible to use the camera.front_door entity in Frigate?

Hi Folks,

I constantly get this error:

frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-26 08:18:05] watchdog.camera2               ERROR   : FFMPEG process crashed unexpectedly for camera2.
frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-26 08:18:05] watchdog.camera2               ERROR   : The following ffmpeg logs include the last 100 lines prior to exit.
frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-26 08:18:05] watchdog.camera2               ERROR   : You may have invalid args defined for this camera.
frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-26 08:18:05] ffmpeg.camera2.detect          ERROR   : Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream #0.1 : mono
frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-26 08:18:05] ffmpeg.camera2.detect          ERROR   : Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?): No space left on device

can you point me in the right direction?
I have a dedicated SSD

What is the meaning of “No space left on device”

REST API for Stream Sources · Discussion #695 · home-assistant/architecture · GitHub is a proposal to make this happen but implemented yet

Hi,

I moved the cache to external SSD and I moved to the 10beta6 image,
I don’t get any more the error regarding the disk space, but i started to see this

frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-29 07:45:45] frigate.object_processing      WARNING : Unable to create jpg because frame 1643438729.867501 is not in the cache
frigate_camera_tpu | [2022-01-29 07:45:46] frigate.object_processing      WARNING : Unable to create jpg because frame 1643438729.867501 is not in the cache

any ideas?
regards

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way for me to get the notification to my phone immediately when an event is starting? I mean at least a snapshot of the motion event? I do get the notifications but it’s after the person (for example delivery guy) left my front door. I tried to make the notification with a priority but it’s still the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Didi

@tinglis1 Did you need to do anything special to make it work in the 7060 ?

I have a 7060sff, and just installed a dual coral e into the wifi slot, and its not detected in proxmox :frowning:
In the bios wifi+bt is enabled, so that should turn the m.2 slot on ?
I also have uefi mode set in the bios/proxmox

I use mine with unraid, i had to install a driver to make it work with docker. Hardware for use with docker needs to have drivers installed on the host.
If you are using proxmox it should show as a device to pass through.

This is the detected hardware details unraid shows for me.

Thanks
It doesnt show up with lspci
I have updated the bios to the latest, and still no go

Currently creating a linux boot usb key, to see if that even see’s it :expressionless:

You can also try unraid as it has a trial period. The coral driver is in the App Store from memory

A ubuntu iso cannot see it even
So its either faulty, or just wont work in a 7060sff wifi slot :frowning: it seems

Are you uefi booting ?

Interesting
If I boot into diagnostics, I can see a `M.2 WLAN Card = Installed’

lspci should show it, even without a driver in Linux

I use uefi boot.

Found this GitHub issue that might contain some useful info. I haven’t read it all. Link

Thanks
None of that helped

The issue could be is I have a E slot coral, not the A+E, looks like people in that thread still haven’t got it to work yet even :frowning:

Now to hunt for a pcie adapter that WILL work with the E coral (single TPU is fine), but was all I could get

Did you install coral drivers on proxmox?

Yup
They do not load, as there is no hardware for them detected
Even tried adding the grub options, just incase it would help

The card does not even show in lspci using an ubuntu boot iso
Also went through dmesg log, and couldnt see any errors

I guess i could install windows onto a different ssd, and see if that detects it

Does anyone have a link to a known working pcie to e-key coral adapter (single working tpu is ok)
I’m in Australia so a aus site would be best :wink:

What notification method are you using?

I send notification with image of event. This captures mailman in car that only stay in view 6seconds. Is this enough for you?

How much ram does this use for you guys? I have Frigate running on Unraid and over a week or two it seems to eat all my available ram (about 8 gigs) Is this normal?