Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

Does anyone know why the clips are showing in media/browser like this:

person

The clips do play perfectly ok.

Thanks again

I have the 410 also and it seems a bit more stable now thanks. I see you have fps: 5 in your config - have you set your camera to 5 fps and if so how have you manged this - i only have 4, 7, 15. When i set it to 4 or 7 I noticed that my clips were stuttering and jumping - I think it was today with both values not being equal and skipped frames. I have since made both values 7 and the clips are good but at the expense of more CPU

Stream is set to 7fps on the camera. Replay of clips does stutter a bit - I will change it to 7 and see if it helps - thanks!

I have 7 in the config for mine. No issues I have noticed

I think media browser shows the snapshot not part of the clip, that is why it has bounding boxes even through they aren’t on any frame of the clip. I would focus on your snapshot parameters

Thank you, will do.

Solved: Height and width in config > cameras didn’t match rtsp settings .

When you say latest have you upgraded your Reolink cameras to the html based firmware? I’ve upgraded one in December and my rtmp stream and web gui haven’t worked since. I’ve been emailing back and forth with support since then. I wanted to switch frigate over to rtmp on the newest firmware but since the first upgrade went so poorly I haven’t upgraded any more yet to see if they have the same issue.

I have the latest firmware for my cameras from the reolink site. I can access them from both the reolink desktop software, and directly through the integrated webserver with no issues.

So matching the stream and clip fps didn’t do much for the playback smoothness, but it does seem to have reduced my CPU usage from 60% to 6%!!

What playback issues are you having… is it high resolution clips? i have my clips generated off the detect stream (640x480x7) and they play ok.

I’ve noticed that when using camera.snapshot on a camera created by the Frigate custom component, the snapshot size height is 277 due to this line.

Is there another way to get the full size when using camera.snapshot ? Thanks !

High-res clips. Almost certainly network or problems with lack of hardware decoding in my HA vm rather than a recording problem. Not really a major issue.

If you are using the beta and custom component you can use the snapshot config section to change it.

snapshots:
      # Optional: Enable writing jpg snapshot to /media/frigate/clips (default: shown below)
      enabled: False
      # Optional: print a timestamp on the snapshots (default: shown below)
      timestamp: False
      # Optional: draw bounding box on the snapshots (default: shown below)
      bounding_box: False
      # Optional: crop the snapshot (default: shown below)
      crop: False
      # Optional: height to resize the snapshot to (default: original size)
      height: 175

Just change the height. I did this to get a snapshot at the same res of my cameras output so I could see the whole picture rather than just the object detected in that frame.

Thanks for your answer. I have already configured it to have a full size height, but this does not affect the camera.snapshot service as you can see on Frigate custom component github, line 51, where the height of 277 is hard coded.

You can try yourself, calling the camera.snapshot service on HA, you’ll get a 277 height picture.

Does anyone have a doorbell automation that they wouldn’t mind sharing? I have a camera with frigate right above my front door and would like a snapshot from frigate sent to me when the button is pressed.

The action part of this automation is form the docs but it doesn’t seem to work

- alias: 'Doorbell Snapshot'
    trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.doorbell_button
      to: 'on'
    condition:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: group.family
        state: 'home'
    action:
    - service: notify.mobile_app_stephen_s20
      data_template:
        title: 'Someone is at the door'
        data:
          image: 'https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.ui.nabu.casa/api/frigate/notifications/{{trigger.payload_json["after"]["id"]}}.jpg?format=android'
          tag: '{{trigger.payload_json["after"]["id"]}}'

It depends if your device is an android or an iPhone. Your automation is for android, maybe that’s why it doesn’t work.

This is mine:

alias: Door bell
description: ''
trigger:
- platform: state
  entity_id: switch.door_push_button
  to: 'on'
condition: []
action:
- service: notify.trevor_angela_ios_group
  data:
- service: browser_mod.more_info
  data:
    entity_id: camera.doorcam_sd
    deviceID:
    - tablet_kitchen
    - tablet_office
    large: true
- delay: 00:00:45
- service: browser_mod.close_popup
  data: {}
mode: single

It doesn’t give a snapshot but a live video feed in a popup window that closes after 45 seconds on both tablets and just a popup message on our iPhones

We must be doing two different things that sound similar. Check my post from about two weeks ago to see what I’m doing. I definitely get full frame images sent through to telegram.

Hi, Would you be able to show some of your configs, I have an near identical setup, having some issues getting the media browser part working :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you just plainly mount the unraid folder onto the /media/ folder?