Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

Check the homeassistant logs.

Got it. I was still running beta 2. Updating the container to the rc took care of it.

Thanks Blake! Just got the RC running and I am seeing a few things that I can fix in the Web UI this week.

For anyone checking out the Web UI, if you have feedback, questions, or ideas, please post them to the discussion on GitHub if you can, as theyā€™ll be a lot easier to discover and keep track of.

Thanks for your answers ! Is there a way to get the thumbnail.jpg not cropped ?

The snapshots config can be changed to disable cropping:

snapshots:
  crop: false

No. The thumbnails are a fixed size to support the media browser and to prevent them from overfilling the database. The snapshots config only applies to the jpg files saved to disk.

Hi,

Iā€™m running the Home assistant add-on (Frigate NVR Beta), but it doesnā€™t show the new rc version available. Is there anything I need to do to refresh the repository, or is it just a matter of patience?

EDIT: 12 hours later RC1 is available in the add-ons section of home assistant. AFter some major rework of the config itā€™s now up and running again! Thanks.

Seeing the same thing after updating to 1.0.
Could this be because the addon is still beta 3 not rc1?

Thatā€™s probably it

I use Docker Compose, hereā€™s the config:

version: '3.7'
services:
  frigate:
    container_name: frigate
    restart: unless-stopped
    privileged: true
    shm_size: '1g' # should work for 5-7 cameras
#    #image: blakeblackshear/frigate:save_clips-8e78760
#    image: blakeblackshear/frigate:zones-d8d29ff
    image: blakeblackshear/frigate:0.8.0-beta3-amd64
    volumes:  
      - /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
      - /home/eben/Docker/frigate/config:/config
      - /home/eben/Docker/frigate/clips:/media/frigate/clips
      - /home/eben/Docker/frigate/recordings:/media/frigate/recordings      
      - type: tmpfs # 1GB of memory, reduces SSD/SD Card wear
        target: /cache
        tmpfs:
          size: 100000000
    ports:
      - "5000:5000"
      - "1935:1935" # RTMP feeds      
    environment:
      FRIGATE_RTSP_PASSWORD: "password"
    healthcheck:
      test: ["CMD", "wget" , "-q", "-O-", "http://localhost:5000"]
      interval: 30s
      timeout: 10s
      retries: 5
      start_period: 3m

Wll have a look at nginx tonight.

Is this a network share or something?

Nope, all locally on the machineā€™s SSD. I can check the access permissions if you wish, but as I said, frigate correctly writes out the clips and I can view them if I copy them over via SMB.

Nginx log (last couple of lines at least when I click on a Media item):

2021/01/18 21:45:26 [warn] 19#19: *7 an upstream response is buffered to a temporary file /var/lib/nginx/proxy/1/00/0000000001 while reading upstream, client: <ha ip>, server: , request: "GET /events?limit=50 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:5001/events?limit=50", host: "<frigate ip>:5000"
2021/01/18 21:45:34 [error] 19#19: *7 open() "/media/frigate/clips/cars-1610994401.587232-jm2e78.mp4" failed (13: Permission denied), client: <ha IP>, server: , request: "GET /clips/cars-1610994401.587232-jm2e78.mp4?authSig=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJmYmU5YWYyMjdjMzU0ZmRjYTY5OGU2YjlkN2YyYz<redacted>Fycy0xNjEwOTk0NDAxLjU4NzIzMi1qbTJlNzgubXA0IiwiaWF0IjoxNjEwOTk5MTM0LCJleHAiOjE2MTA5OTkxNjR9.aX3O9Y4nV2pnuiuku2MB6cXmKIprpN8YGAYjrly1WjA HTTP/1.1", host: "<redacted>.duckdns.org", referrer: "https://<redacted>.duckdns.org/media-browser"
2021/01/18 21:45:46 [error] 19#19: *7 open() "/media/frigate/clips/cars-1610994401.587232-jm2e78.mp4" failed (13: Permission denied), client: <ha ip>, server: , request: "GET /clips/cars-1610994401.587232-jm2e78.mp4?authSig=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJmYmU5YWYyMjdjMzU0ZmRjYTY5OGU2YjlkN2YyYz<redacted>Fycy0xNjEwOTk0NDAxLjU4NzIzMi1qbTJlNzgubXA0IiwiaWF0IjoxNjEwOTk5MTQ2LCJleHAiOjE2MTA5OTkxNzZ9.0f7-v260puZGJAEdUHrEwflsLxn0XgUeNujoxEGnBIo HTTP/1.1", host: "<redacted>.duckdns.org", referrer: "https://<redacted>.duckdns.org/media-browser"

I hope it makes sense with all the <redacteds>. The IPs <ha IP> and <frigate ip> are known ā€“ it is the same machine but HA is running inside a VM which gets its own IP via a bridge from my router. Up until last night both were running in Docker on the system and and was the same ā€“ but the Media Browser playback still didnā€™t work.

The authSig is the same for both lines, I redacted the same part in the middle just to be safe.

I use the DuckDNS and Letā€™s Encrypt addon. Iā€™ve redacted my hostname at DuckDNS in the log but it is correct and what I use. I do use port forwarding ā€“ not sure if Iā€™m supposed to forward another port?

Just wanted to say the latest RC is working great. Had to tweak my config.yml a bit to make the appropriate changes but I have it working now. Also had to change my automations in HA a bit to match up with the new thumbnail.jpg endpoint.

FYI, Iā€™m running the latest HA version in a Proxmox container and running Frigate on a separate NUC. I had to remove the old custom components and just uploaded the latest one to the HA container.

Hereā€™s a capture from the log. Is the endpoint /api/stats new for the RC1 release? Do you have an ETA on the RC1 being pushed to the HA addon?

If I navigate to IPADDRESS:5000/api/stats I get a 404 error, and if I go to just /api/ I get ā€œCamera named api not foundā€

I just pushed it up.

See if http://frigate:5000/clips/cars-1610994401.587232-jm2e78.mp4 generates the same error message. The key issue here is the failed (13: Permission denied) message. I think Nginx is failing to read that file from the directory due to some kind of permissions issue.

Did the update. Still canā€™t connect through ccab4aaf-frigate or ccab4aaf-frigate-beta but I can connect just fine using the IP address of HA

Did I miss the updated readme? The github seems the same and I donā€™t know how to change my config to make it work now. I updated the addon and the custom component via HACS and now I get an error

* Starting nginx nginx
   ...done.
frigate.app                    ERROR   : Error parsing config: extra keys not allowed @ data['cameras']['frigate_frontyard']['mask']

Yep. mask is moved under motion

motion:
  mask:

Thereā€™s a few things in the config thatā€™s changed. As mentioned, mask moved under motion. save_clips has changed to clips. draw_bounding_boxes is now bounding_box. I think there was one more I needed to change but I donā€™t remember off hand what it was.