Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

Does anyone know when the 0.9.0 version will be released?

If you run Frigate outside of HA, you can still use the Frigate integration (rather than add-on) - you just need to point the integration to the IP address of your Frigate instance. That gives you the media browser integration and the sensors and controls (such as the switches to manage clips and detection).

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing, with Frigate running in Docker on the base OS of my NUC and HA running in a KVM VM.

1 Like

Sorry for coming old topicā€¦ This is not working from outside ip? (Nabucasa).

Should it work?

(I mean Frigate at side panel of HA)

Hi guys,
Iā€™m having issues with running Frigate without restarts. I donā€™t know why, but it just happens that it stops detecting and updating Home Assistant. Restart of the Frigate add-on in Home Assistant Supervisor always helps but I think restarting the add-on every night is not the solution but only temporary workarround.
Iā€™ve looked into Grafana on past 7 days of Coral Inference Speed and found it wasnā€™t updated for past three days until I restarted Frigate:

I also looked at the sum of Detection FPS per camera in past 7 days and itā€™s copying the trend of the aboveā€¦

And in the clips recording I see some recordings but only from one camera. And also from that camera it missed plenty of eventsā€¦

Weird is that the Frigate GUI was working fine and I was able to look at the cameras and also to Events. But in the Events I saw only very little events and only from one camera as you saw above.

Any guesses why this is happening? Should I share my config.yml? In the addon log I didnā€™t see any other errors than related to ffmepeg (which I will disable now). In the supervisor also no errors.

My environment is old Laptop with i5 4th gen CPU, Coral USB, W10 as host OS > VM in WMware Workstation running Debian on which is running official Home Assistant Supervised where I have Frigate add-on. CPU is utilized between 25% and 50%.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Pavol

It is currently available in dockerhub

Yes

Yes, the stream is there. Working on VLC.
There are no settings to change the streamformat or something.

So I need to work with a MJPEG Stream. But I cant get it working.

Check the frigate logs. I recently had the same situation and the hard drive was full, the logs will have some clues on the issue

Thanks for reply. There wasā€™t issue with disk space, the Frigate folder is mount to 500GB disk and there is plenty of free space.
All Frigate logs which I saw in the add-on were related to ffmpeg which had log level to default info. I just changed that to critical so I should see more Frigate related logs now. Iā€™ll be monitoring it and Iā€™ll provide update in few days when that happens again.

I mean Frigate at side panel of HAā€¦

How this get working? And also with Android HA app?

Now itā€™s done like this:

panel_iframe:
  frigate:
    title: "frigate"
    icon: mdi:cctv
    url: "http://192.168.1.60:5000"

If you use remote connection with ssl not on local lan, you cant use iframe with frigate

Hi folks,
I have got two noob questionsā€¦ is there a way to safetly delete the video clips and image files,
and also is there an input argument we can tell Frigate NVR to only capture events every x minutes? This is to avoid having multiple events being created within a relatively short period of time, eg. a family member washing their car in the driveway would generate a dozen of events and video clips.

Thanks heaps.

Hmmā€¦ I am using Nabu Casa Home Assistant Cloud connection. Can I or not?

11.Nabucasa
As the HTTPS->HTTP iframe is not working we need to make a server nginx witch we translate http->https
On PC you will see the iframe Frigate, but on mobile no.
You can try and see. I have been there i tryed.
So i gave up. And using regular ADDON to have remote mount share for media folder

If you are accessing Home Assistant over HTTPS using SSL, you cannot access HTTP sites through an iframe panel.

i assume you are using ssl so likely it not work for you

i think it might be possible if you use nginx in between. But didnā€™t tested it.

Is it possible to run 0.9 beta as a addon in ha?
My 0.8.x is crashing several times a dayā€¦

Long topic :wink:

Anybody have nice automation or node red automation for send clip & snapshot from camera if for example nobody is at home?

Hello
Can you share how the docker run command looks for docker for windows setup?
Must i register my version for more features?

This is what i try but no luck, cannot find EDGETPU (usb or my PCIe)

docker run --rm -it --privileged --name frigate --mount type=tmpfs,target=/tmp/cache,tmpfs-size=1000000000 --device /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb -v F:/frigate/media:/media/frigate -v F:/frigate/config:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e FRIGATE_RTSP_PASSWORD='password' -p 5000:5000 -p 1935:1935 blakeblackshear/frigate:stable-amd64  

@mcpaha Yeah thereā€™s a nice blueprint for sending a notification