Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

I was a bit confused by this at first as well, but if you look at the comments in the full example:

Cameras | Frigate (blakeblackshear.github.io)

The width and height should be set for the input with the “detect” role, so if you’re detecting on a low res stream, use that for the widthxheight. It’s not needed for the other roles.

1 Like

21-07-17 22:59:05 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.store] https://github.com/blakeblackshear/frigate is not a valid add-on repository

System Health

version: core-2021.7.3
installation_type: Home Assistant OS
dev: false
hassio: true
docker: true
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.9.5
os_name: Linux
os_version: 5.10.45
arch: x86_64
timezone: Europe

GitHub API: ok
Github API Calls Remaining: 4834
Installed Version: 1.13.2
Stage: running
Available Repositories: 919
Installed Repositories: 26

logged_in: false
can_reach_cert_server: ok
can_reach_cloud_auth: ok
can_reach_cloud: ok

host_os: Home Assistant OS 6.1
update_channel: stable
supervisor_version: supervisor-2021.06.8
docker_version: 20.10.6
disk_total: 146.9 GB
disk_used: 58.7 GB
healthy: true
supported: true
board: ova
supervisor_api: ok
version_api: ok
installed_addons: Samba share (9.5.1), Duck DNS (1.13.0), File editor (5.3.2), Grafana (7.0.4), Hass.io Google Drive Backup (0.98.4), InfluxDB (4.1.1), Mosquitto broker (6.0.1), Node-RED (9.2.0), TasmoAdmin (0.15.0), Terminal & SSH (9.1.3), Visual Studio Code (3.6.0), Zigbee2mqtt (1.18.1-1), motionEye (0.15.0), Glances (0.12.3), ESPHome (1.19.4), AppDaemon 4 (0.6.2), Signal Messenger (0.9), MariaDB (2.4.0), SSH & Web Terminal (9.0.0), Samba Backup (4.5.0)

dashboards: 3
resources: 12
views: 19
mode: storage

Found my issue! I have two Hik cameras and three Dahua ones. The two HIks have the ability to have the third stream as h.264 or h.265. My main stream is h.265 but the third stream is set to h.264 @ 720p for Frigate. On several occasions now though, the third stream on one or both Hiks changes back to h.265 for an unknown reason which pushes up my CPU use. As soon I change the codec back to h.264, the CPU use settles back down.

Now trying to find what is causing the random codec changes.

Anybody had a situation that when running Frigate with docker (Ubuntu) - it’s starting to eat overlay2

/var/lib/docker/overlay2/…/merged/tmp/cache

And there are lots of mp4 files which seems to never deleted?

I have Frigate in docker (Debian) and no issues with overlay2. ncdu output:

/home/docker/overlay2/.../merged
                         /..                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
  749.2 MiB [##########] /usr
  281.4 MiB [###       ] /var
    5.1 MiB [          ]  edgetpu_model.tflite
    4.1 MiB [          ]  cpu_model.tflite
    1.8 MiB [          ] /etc
  940.0 KiB [          ] /opt
  504.0 KiB [          ] /root
   24.0 KiB [          ] /run
   12.0 KiB [          ] /dev
    8.0 KiB [          ] /tmp
    8.0 KiB [          ] /media
e   4.0 KiB [          ] /sys
e   4.0 KiB [          ] /srv
e   4.0 KiB [          ] /proc
e   4.0 KiB [          ] /mnt
e   4.0 KiB [          ] /home
e   4.0 KiB [          ] /config
e   4.0 KiB [          ] /boot
    4.0 KiB [          ]  labelmap.txt
    4.0 KiB [          ]  run.sh

Hello,
is it normal, that if you use the glance card in lovelance that the Livestream is 20-30 seconds behind…
(im using frigate on my Unraid-Server with nvidia hwaccl)
May this become a smaller offset if i use a coral stick?

mfg Chris

It is normal. If you want less delay you can try the webRTC addon in HACS to view your RTSP feeds directly.

1 Like

Hmm… there is something weird in here…

My overlay2 directory is an other place:

Another thing… I’m trying to get Reolink RLC-510WA working.

It’s working some time but after some time Frigate side is freezed. Camera itself and Reolink app is working.

I’m trying to get it working as rtsp-stream.

I’ve redirected it to the bigger partition:

arthur@akxcy:~$ ls -la /var/lib/docker
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Nov 12  2020 /var/lib/docker -> /home/docker

For my Reolink E1 Zoom I’ve configured to use RTMP stream, it works better:

reolink:
  ffmpeg:
    inputs:
      - path: 'rtmp://192.168.2.234/bcs/channel0_sub.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user=user&password=pass'
        roles:
          - detect
          - rtmp
      - path: 'rtmp://192.168.2.234/bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user=user&password=pass'
        roles:
          - clips
          - record
    input_args:
      - -avoid_negative_ts
      - make_zero
      - -fflags
      - nobuffer
      - -flags
      - low_delay
      - -strict
      - experimental
      - -fflags
      - +genpts+discardcorrupt
      - -use_wallclock_as_timestamps
      - '1'

output_args:
      record: '-f segment -segment_time 60 -segment_format mp4 -reset_timestamps 1 -strftime 1 -c:v copy -c:a aac'

Hmm… I tried but it gives me input output error:

ffmpeg.Mokki1.detect ERROR : rtmp://mcmokki.xx.xxt/bcs/channel0_sub.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user=admin&password=xxxx: Input/output error,
ffmpeg.Mokki1.clips_rtmp ERROR : rtmp://mcmokki.xx.xxt/bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user=admin&password=xxxx: Input/output error,

Should this rtmp link work with vlc for testing before? I have a feeling that there is problem with link structure?

edit: 1935 port is open 4 sure

edit2: I tried this also with token “format” like this with no luck:

- path: 'rtmp://192.168.10.20/bcs/channel0_main.bcs?token=sdasdasd&channel=0&stream=0&user=admin&password=XXXXXXX'

Yes, it’s wise at first to try open streams with VLC.

Does anyone have an idea on what a theoretical camera limit would be for Frigate?
Looking to design a solution that can support 100-150 cameras.

You will run into bandwidth limits related to your ethernet adapter and/or the bus speeds for the Corals. If needed, you can run multiple instances, but they will have separate UIs.

Some features likely won’t scale well beyond certain thresholds since they weren’t designed with it in mind. The database is sqlite, and certain parts of the UI may not handle that number of cameras.

Is it possible to run the HA Addon for the UI and saving the data into the HA media path, but have the process that does the AI processing separate in a minimal setup elsewhere?

I’ve just picked up a usb coral, but my HA is running hassos on a proxmox VM on a NUC. Seems like a pretty common setup.

Now with the Coral I’m looking at running Frigate outside of my hassos to use it, but I’d loose the remote access to the UI through the Nabu Cassa cloud, the nice auto update mechanism and a ton of tricky setup to get it saving the files back into HA.
It’s amazing how it “just works” with the hassos addon, but I’m at the limits of my knowledge looking at the docker and LXC setup instructions.

Yeap sure…however you did not answer my question that should this rtmp link working also with vlc? Working with rtsp-stream with Reolink is pain in my a…s

Got problems get the cam from my dashboard running. The camera comes from the “IP Webcam” App from a android dashboard.

Integrated to frigate with this configuration:

dashboard:
    ffmpeg:
      hwaccel_args:
        - -c:v
        - h264_v4l2m2m
      inputs:
        - path: http://user:[email protected]:8080/video
          roles:
            - detect
            - clips
      input_args:
        - -avoid_negative_ts
        - make_zero
        - -fflags
        - nobuffer
        - -flags
        - low_delay
        - -strict
        - experimental
        - -fflags
        - +genpts+discardcorrupt
        - -r
        - "5" # <---- adjust depending on your desired frame rate from the mjpeg image
        - -use_wallclock_as_timestamps
        - "1"
      output_args:
        record: -f segment -segment_time 60 -segment_format mp4 -reset_timestamps 1 -strftime 1 -c:v libx264 -an
        clips: -f segment -segment_time 10 -segment_format mp4 -reset_timestamps 1 -strftime 1 -c:v libx264 -an
        rtmp: -c:v libx264 -an -f flv
    width: 1920
    height: 1080
    fps: 5
    detect:
      max_disappeared: 100
    objects:
        track:
          - person
          - dog
          - cat
    snapshots:
      enabled: true
      retain:
        default: 10
        objects:
          person: 15
    clips:
      enabled: true
      pre_capture: 5
      post_capture: 5
      retain: 
        default: 14
    record:
      enabled: false
      retain_days: 7

I got the following log:

[h264 @ 0x55b709e140] Invalid level prefix
[h264 @ 0x55b709e140] error while decoding MB 10 5
[h264 @ 0x55b709e140] out of range intra chroma pred mode
[h264 @ 0x55b709e140] error while decoding MB 15 11
ffmpeg.dashboard.detect        ERROR   : Option stimeout not found.
frigate.video                  INFO    : dashboard: ffmpeg sent a broken frame. memoryview assignment: lvalue and rvalue have different structures
frigate.video                  INFO    : dashboard: ffmpeg sent a broken frame. memoryview assignment: lvalue and rvalue have different structures
frigate.video                  INFO    : dashboard: ffmpeg process is not running. exiting capture thread...
frigate.video                  INFO    : dashboard: ffmpeg process is not running. exiting capture thread...
[h264 @ 0x558a59c0f0] left block unavailable for requested intra mode
[h264 @ 0x558a59c0f0] error while decoding MB 0 2, bytestream 12316
[h264 @ 0x558a59c0f0] error while decoding MB 86 20, bytestream -5
[h264 @ 0x558a59c0f0] error while decoding MB 68 22, bytestream -5
[h264 @ 0x558a59c0f0] error while decoding MB 0 23, bytestream -5
[h264 @ 0x558a59c0f0] cabac decode of qscale diff failed at 74 24
[h264 @ 0x558a59c0f0] error while decoding MB 74 24, bytestream 6715
[h264 @ 0x558a59c0f0] error while decoding MB 39 24, bytestream -5
[h264 @ 0x558a59c0f0] error while decoding MB 48 25, bytestream -5
[h264 @ 0x55854130f0] left block unavailable for requested intra mode
[h264 @ 0x55854130f0] error while decoding MB 0 53, bytestream 68716
[h264 @ 0x558c9f9140] out of range intra chroma pred mode
[h264 @ 0x558c9f9140] error while decoding MB 1 7
[h264 @ 0x558c9f9140] dquant out of range (-100) at 17 15
[h264 @ 0x558c9f9140] error while decoding MB 17 15
[h264 @ 0x5590b110f0] left block unavailable for requested intra mode
[h264 @ 0x5590b110f0] error while decoding MB 0 49, bytestream 80417
[h264 @ 0x55cf2820f0] left block unavailable for requested intra mode
[h264 @ 0x55cf2820f0] error while decoding MB 0 49, bytestream 80202
[h264 @ 0x55c5a210f0] cabac decode of qscale diff failed at 17 24
[h264 @ 0x55c5a210f0] error while decoding MB 17 24, bytestream 103823
[h264 @ 0x55a8e3f0f0] left block unavailable for requested intra mode
[h264 @ 0x55a8e3f0f0] error while decoding MB 0 5, bytestream 2154
[h264 @ 0x559a0770f0] cabac decode of qscale diff failed at 55 5
[h264 @ 0x559a0770f0] error while decoding MB 55 5, bytestream 3138
frigate.app                    INFO    : Stopping...
frigate.object_processing      INFO    : Exiting object processor...
frigate.watchdog               INFO    : Exiting watchdog...
frigate.events                 INFO    : Exiting event cleanup...
ffmpeg.dashboard.detect        ERROR   : [h264 @ 0x55b4b1dc80] data partitioning is not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
ffmpeg.dashboard.detect        ERROR   : [h264 @ 0x55b4b1dc80] If you want to help, upload a sample of this file to https://streams.videolan.org/upload/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel mailing list. ([email protected])
ffmpeg.dashboard.detect        ERROR   : [h264 @ 0x55b4b1dc80] data partitioning is not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
ffmpeg.dashboard.detect        ERROR   : [h264 @ 0x55b4b1dc80] If you want to help, upload a sample of this file to https://streams.videolan.org/upload/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel mailing list. ([email protected])
ffmpeg.dashboard.detect        ERROR   : [h264 @ 0x55b4b1dc80] no frame!
ffmpeg.dashboard.detect        ERROR   : [h264 @ 0x55b4b1dc80] A non-intra slice in an IDR NAL unit.
ffmpeg.dashboard.detect        ERROR   : [h264 @ 0x55b4b1dc80] decode_slice_header error
ffmpeg.dashboard.detect        ERROR   : [h264 @ 0x55b4b1dc80] A non-intra slice in an IDR NAL unit.
ffmpeg.dashboard.detect        ERROR   : [h264 @ 0x55b4b1dc80] decode_slice_header error
ffmpeg.dashboard.detect        ERROR   : [mpjpeg @ 0x55b4b11a30] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: h264, none): unspecified size
ffmpeg.dashboard.detect        ERROR   : Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
watchdog.dashboard             INFO    : No frames received from dashboard in 20 seconds. Exiting ffmpeg...
watchdog.dashboard             INFO    : Waiting for ffmpeg to exit gracefully...

What is the problem?

Is your stream on

http://user:[email protected]:8080/video

H264?
Show us the camera settings on the device.

I tried, but not clearly, sorry :slight_smile:
Yes, VLC works fine with rtmp.

Thx… for some reason I cannot get my vlc working → home assistant neither.

Tried with dyndns address (port forward is working) and with vpn tunnel (direct ip-address).