Local Tuya cover options?

Hi I am trying to setup some smart curtains (nhc branded HC-Betterlife curtains) in local tuya. I managed to get the local key etc and added the device but am having trouble with the options when adding as a cover. I am faced with the following

Open_Close_Stop Commands Set:

on_off_stop

open_close_stop

fz_zz_stop

1_2_3

Positioning mode:

none

position

timed:

Current Position (for *position* mode only)

101 (value: 0)

102 (value: STOP)

103 (value: True)
Set Position (for *position* mode only)

101 (value: 0)

102 (value: STOP)

103 (value: True)

Invert 0-100 position (for *position* mode only)
Full opening time, in secs. (for *timed* mode only)

How do I get this information ? Currently the cover device shows but is dimmed out in the dashboard.
Thanks

In the end I pieced it together by looking at data available in the toya iot site under the device.

It would be a great help if you could share your solutions toward this please. I am struggling with it even after having looked on tuya iot site for the device specific…
Any advice also would be kind.
Cheers

My main issue was selecting the wrong option for ID on initial add. (This option is missing on later edits). Eventually I removed the device and added a new one selecting DP 102 for the ID. The other options were all the first ones (the values between 0 to 100). I also had to select the invert option.

The options other than the first ID option are not as important and you can change them with trial and error without having to delete and recreate the device.

Checking my log I have the following options selected

{'friendly_name': 'Livingroom Curtains', 'commands_set': 'fz_zz_stop', 'positioning_mode': 'position', 'current_position_dp': 101, 'set_position_dp': 101, 'position_inverted': True, 'span_time': 25.0, 'id': 102, 'platform': 'cover'}
2 Likes

Thank you so much, your advice and that log done the trick!
It was frustrating to have been stuck on this when the other devices on local tuya were straight forward.
Now I can get on and hang the curtains.

I am having the same trouble. I don’t have mulitple options to choose ID from beginning.

and no options for Current Position/ Set Positions either.

The entity is always grey no matter how I try those settings.

BTW: I saw DP 102 for ID, should I set DP instruction set in IoT platform? Default is “Standard Instruction Set”

After chaning to DP Instruction mode, I am able to see multiple options for Device ID and Current Position, Set Position. With many trials, this is the best option for my curtain:

1. Open_Close_Stop Commands Set: open_close_stop
  2. Positioning mode: position
  3. Current Position: 2
  4. Set Position: 2
  5. Invert 0-100 position: checked

Below is what I see in Tuya IoT Platform.

The only problem is open/close buttons don’t work in HA. “stop” button works. The position slider works too. Any idea?

ok after playing a lot with the cover option on a nemfis WIFIWC10WT with local tuya works as follow. ver 1.01 need o/c/s commands 1,2,3 and positiong mode none. but for ver 1.5.5 needs o/c/s as open.stop.close and postitiong mode to be timed. also for time is 40 to 50 sec.

I have the following configurations:

But only open/close/stop” button works. I am unable to see the current position and status, and I can’t use the set position slider

Hola. Después de la última actualización las persianas solo funcionan en on off stop. El icono subir solo se puede pulsar cuando acaba el recorrido. Alguna idea para que funcione open close stop. Gracias

1 Like

I was having issues with this and googling led me to your post. Copied your settings and everything works. Open/close, stop. even the slider!

Did you solve this issue? I am in the same situation.

Lo has podido resolver? Estoy en la misma situaciĂłn.

Hi,

is here somebody who has functional cover with local tuya? I try all the possible options, include DPS 102 but nothing working. Always unvailable.

after several tries with different combinations, finally here is the configuration for a current position display :

i wish it helps someone.

1 Like

I have one these curtains https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07X2TDWLN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I cannot get it to work with localtuya
I followed the above settings but it says unavailable, any ideas?

Set up like so:

This is solution