Local Tuya Help

Hi Edward,
I followed this same Mark Watt Tutorial, and I did succeed with getting a friends Costco Globe ceiling light fixtures working with just LocalTuya (though still connected to internet). I will test with internet disconnected at some point, but for now I am happy with the response time and to have control of the room lighting and scenes.

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get the Tuya Temperature and Humidity Sensors (wifi) working in the TuyaLocal add on? The Cloud based version is now limited to a month without subscription. So far all my lights, switches and blind controllers are local. Just need to move the sensors. Thoughts?

Hi guys,

After a lot of fighting, I decide to ask for some help…I’m getting the “Config flow can’t be loaded” message after a fail update of localtuya…completely my fault…

I’m stuck right now with a weird combination of hassio core-2021.6.6, supervisor-2023.07.1, hacs working and localtuya 3.1 …I know is really old, but can’t update right now…

Everything was working until by mistake I try to update localtuya to 4.1, after reboot I find out that I loose everything previously configured in localtuya…I was able to recover all the files from localtu
ya folder from a old backup and restore them into the running HA, after reboot everything came back to work, all devices as before and working as expected!!..Great!, so far…

The only problem remain is that trying to add a new localtuya device using integration->add->localtuya, I get the “Can’t load config flow message” and therefore nothing else happen…

I restore even the cache hide folders inside localtuya but the problem remains, …saddly the available backup is broke in some other mayor ways so I can only take individuall files from it intead a full recovery…

I know is a weird problem and compeltely my fauls, I don’t expect a solution, but perhaps some clues where to look since I already read all files I can think of about as also everything that show up on the web…

So far my main suspect is that after manually restoring the localtuya files, hacs still shows localtuya version 4.1 (the fail update), when I sure the restore files are from a 3 version of localtuya…So my guess is trying to init the “config flow” of a different version and it fails…I try to look inside the hacs files but can’t find where or how hacs gets the version of the installed add-ons…

Also, can’t reinstall from hacs since 3.x versions of localtuya disappear from the menu list, perhaps I can find those versions somewhere and manually install it?

With the current tuya scenario is critical for me to make localtuya work again before attempting any mayor update of my system…

Any suggestions will be appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Mauricio