Local Tuya Unknown DPS errors

Hi All,

I made the switch a few months ago to from Tuya to local Tuya when there were issues with device update states. Tuya local has been working absolutely fine for me apart from 2 of my devices. I have some LED RGBWW strip lights under my kitchen on either side (Plinth lights 1 & plinth lights 2). They are identical units. Every so often I will get errors in my logs about unknown DPS index however when added with the DPS I’ve chose the lights all function fine, colour temp, WW, CW, Colour etc so this suggests to me the DPS values selected are correct.

When I do get the errors below all I need to do is reload that particular light on the local tuya integration and it starts working. Sometimes it will be lights 1 and sometimes it will be lights 2, it seems totally random.

Any suggestions on why HA is occasionally complaining about the DPS but it works 90% of the time?

Logger: custom_components.localtuya.light
Source: custom_components/localtuya/pytuya/__init__.py:139
Integration: LocalTuya integration ([documentation](https://github.com/rospogrigio/localtuya/), [issues](https://github.com/rospogrigio/localtuya/issues))
First occurred: 11:14:24 (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:14:24

* [bf5...yoc] Entity light.plinth2 is requesting unknown DPS index 22
* [bf5...yoc] Entity light.plinth2 is requesting unknown DPS index 24
* [bf5...yoc] Entity light.plinth2 is requesting unknown DPS index 23
* [bf5...yoc] Entity light.plinth2 is requesting unknown DPS index 21
1 Like

Did you ever get anywhere with this? Seeing the same issue with a few of my lights now, where I also have already specified what those DPS IDs are for.

Afraid not, they just started working again after a while.

Although I have a different light now that is causing issues.

The same problem with the “Yandex lamp” (device branded by russian vendor, working over Tuya cloud). The device is registered in the Smart Life application and works pretty nice with Local Tuya. But DP 24 and 25 disappear in Home Assistant from time to time. If I switch the device to color mode in the application, the DP24 is immediately restored in Home Assistant. Also if I switch the device to scene mode in the application, the DP25 is immediately restored in Home Assistant.

I too am running into DPS errors:

QI-FLRC-1 Ceiling Fan, Light Controller: Connection to device succeeded but no datapoints found #1752

I could use some help in learning how to add data-points when none are discovered automagically…

Others with similar sounding issues:
EL450HA: Connection to device succeeded but no datapoint returned #1750

OHLUX GU24 Smart Bulb Connection to device succeeded but no datapoints found #1748

G4 6W 12v Bulbs - Connection to device succeeded but no datapoints found, please try again. #1744

Thanks.

Edit (next day): All the answers I was looking for are here: GitHub - dulfer/localtuya-device-datapoints: List of data points for various Tuya devices, required to setup localtuya integration

Switch = 1
Voice = 17
Wind Speed Level = 3
Countdown Timer = 6
Remaining Time = 7
Light = 9

Next Question: After I enter all of the DP ids for this device than “values” all show as -1. How do I associate the proper values with each Data Point type?

Looking at the “DOWNLOAD DIAGNOSTICS” json file, it looks like the error is here:
(see DPS strings. I must be entering the DPS data incorrectly. )

Any help appreciated. thanks