Location of "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/" for HA Core Docker Version

I’m trying to find this location for my HA install, which is actually the LinuxServer version based off of the official Core version.

Within the appdata folder for HA where all the config is and within the Docker console itself, I cannot find the “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/” directory. It only goes as far as “lib”. I need to place a new “.py” file to fix the Android TV integration, but I cannot find such a folder. Does anyone know where it is in my install? Thanks.

Not sure if it’s the same for Core Docker (I’m running Supervised), but in my instance it’s there.
First, I run bash in command line ( docker exec -it homeassistant bash ) and then just navigate to the folder ( cd /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/ ).

If you just want to copy the file you can try:
sudo docker cp /MY_PATH_TO_THE_FILE/myscript.py homeassistant:/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/myscript.py

Adjust the paths (and possibly also docker name) as needed.
Another thing - if the Core acts the same as Supervised, you will loose all the changes when updating the Core to the newest version and you will have to repeat the process.

1 Like

Thanks, I was actually able to figure out how to use that docker command like that to accomplish this last night, just forgot to post that here.