Location update requests visible as message

Hi!

I have been running a scheduled automation to request location update of my kids iPhones. For some reason they both have now started to show notification for it. Notification says “request_location_update”. Previously it has been working just fine and hasn’t shown notification like documentation states. It seems that app updates location also when it receives that message.

My code is simple and should be valid:

data:
service: notify.mobile_app_iphone_kidsname

Anyone else seeing this? Maybe something related to latest app update, ver 2021.4.1 (2021.115)?

Google/Firebase had an issue over the weekend where all silent notifications (like request_location_update) were failing to send. I figured out a workaround but that workaround also, now that Firebase has fixed their bug, also sends the message. This should be going back to normal soon once I remove the workaround.

Out of curiosity, are they running a version of iOS prior to iOS 14? I wasn’t able to reproduce the alerts coming through on iOS 14.

Thanks for prompt reply!

Ok, great! Then I’ll have my automation disabled for a while and then enable it again. Good that it’s known thing.

I have two iPhone 5s and they are running iOS 12.5.2 (16H30).