Locative and geofency not working after update

After updating to 0.86.x and using the URL on the integration page (with external IP instead of internal) Locative does not Work anymore. Nothing happens when sending a test request. Anyone have the same experience?
I had locative working before the update so the only thing i have done is to replace the existing url with the new one and in configuration.yaml replaced

device_tracker:
  - platform: locative

with

locative:

Have you fixed it? I still having the same, no test message and nothing in the log …

Ok, found that after 0.86 it should be configured via integrations:

To configure Locative, you must set it up via the integrations panel in the configuration screen. You must set up the app to send a POST request to your Home Assistant server at the webhook URL provided by the integration during setup. When you enter or exit a geofence, Locative will send the appropriate request to that URL, updating Home Assistant.

Now all works…

I have tried to configure it as described in the documents via integrations (several times), but it still does not Work. Instead it now Works with geofency.
What did you do exactly?

Just went over the instructions I found here:

1. Remove all configuration from configuration.yaml and restart HA
  2. Go to integration page and set the integration for locative, it will give you an url (webhook)
  3. Go to Locative app and delete previous configuration. Put the new url/webhook and change get->POST
  4. Create your zone again and validate your method is POST

thanks I will try it out :slight_smile:

Tried this also, but i always get the error:

required key not provided

I haven´t had any problems after following the instructions and using geofency.

I never had something in my configuration. Directly add the locative web hook in integration. Got the http link and put this in locative. At settings page you can add this as well and send a test request.

Nothing work.

strange. I have nothing in my config too. Have you tried using geofency, just for testing?

Downloaed geofency and this is working… to bad for locative, loved that app… But geofency is nice as well :smiley:

Agree. Also started with Locative but now very happy with Geofency :+1:

1 Like

Use Geofency and have many times i leave the area or enter it. No action from Geofency… so still no presence in HA activated…

Locative is more stable, but still i cant use that at all… :frowning:

Locative users should vote here: Fix Locative Bug