KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

okay where can I find my current network key? I can find where im supposed to set the configuratiuon paramater of the openzwave addon but obviously it needs to match

If you didn’t enter it into your configuration.yaml it’ll be in .storage/core.config_entries you can search in that file for ‘network_key’.

sweet thanks for all your help. I found the key stopped my old zwave network started open zwave i see and can control devices in that panel however the beta integration says it cant find a zwave and mqtt setup… I have an external setup mqtt server running on a seperate device that I think is making it not work… If i switch to mosquitto on the device ill break so many other things lol

I run MQTT separate from HA it works fine. It sounds like you’re trying to use the addon? Are you using a supervised HA install (HAOS)?

yes im a supervised install. Its the openzwave beta addon that wont start and is complaining

In order to do what you want, you’ll need to remove the addon, install the portainer addon and spin up a non-addon version of ozwdaemon.

You can use the docker compose I compiled in this thread to get it working in portainer easier.

well to test my theory I dumped my mqtt integration rebooted setup the default rebooted and now the two are talking… If this is the future I may need to stick with this vs the old zwave integration… I just have a bunch of custom arduino type devices that all communicate with my old mosquitto server I had long before I got into home assistant. so now I’m just going to have to either look into what you are saying or I’ll have to update the firmware on all of my diy devices to connect to the new server…

Alternatively you can bridge your MQTT with the one OZW is using.

Add this to the end of your mosquitto.conf

# External MQTT Broker
connection external-bridge
address address.of.your.ha.server
topic # both
remote_username [redacted]
remote_password [redacted]

so this will just forward messages from old to new so they still get to home assistant? if so you are awesome lol

Yes, it’s 2 way communication :wink:

The only other downside I’m seeing is Ill have to go find all these devices and rename them exactly as my old ones were or ill mess up so many automations and dashboards oh man what a mess lol better now than in the future I suppose

better now then after you add tons more devices :stuck_out_tongue:

theres already so many hahaha. one thing thats confusing is the old app says I had 44 devices the new one says it has 31 devices… I wonder what is missing hopefully ghost nodes lol

If you have battery powered nodes they may not have checked in yet. You can try waking them up or just let them check in on their own (note this excludes locks they’re a special battery node).

1 Like

I have a bunch of these warnings gunking up my log:

sensor_cleanup_keypad_10: Already running
[time] - Automation (WARNING)

I have one for each 1-10. Is that supposed to happen?

Yup that’s the automation firing off.

Thanks! How can I suppress those? I tried this and it didn’t work:

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    homeassistant.integrations.lock_manager: error

Got it, I just checked the details on the log and it included homeassistant.components.automation so I used that instead.

this worked a treat thank you! I was so scared I was going to have to reprogram all my devices! I think I got everything in open zwave and working all stuff renamed in automations and them all working dashboards etc Im kinda tired though now so tomorrow Ill read the open zwave parts of the instructions and see if we can get the lock manager going. as for devices that weren’t showing up its one secure included door contact and a couple secure included smoke detectors that maybe just haven’t checked on yet… Weird just the secure stuff didn’t transfer except the lock which transferred fine…

They’re there but they’re battery devices so you have to either wake them up per the manual’s instructions (yes RTFM) or wait for them to wake up on their own.

Okay came back to it after eating dinner. With being switched over open zwave I went and reinstalled lock code manager in hacs, rebooted, enabled disabled entities in my lock, installed the integration, added the lovelace card, did the easy additional steps for ozw, and rebooted. I’m happy to report the lock manager is up and running and functioning perfectly now! Thanks for all your help I most definitely owe you a beer @firstof9

1 Like