Locked out of my Own Home Assistant

Hey Home Assistant Community, I’m quite new to the whole Home Assistant thing so I’m not really sure what I’m doing. Although I am happy to answer any questions.

I’ve got Home Assistant Docker, I think, running on a old 2010 MacBook Pro running Ubuntu. However I’ve been wanting to move to my Mac Mini, which has an SSD, and can be remotely accessed easier. Following Dr Zzs “Installing Hassio with VirtualBox” I was able to quickly get Hassio running on a VM. So I downloaded a Snapshot of my old Home Assistant, and loaded it onto the new one. However I wasn’t able to login.

I put my details in and no matter what I did, I wasn’t able to login. Despite them still working for my old instance. Some quick searching took me to this page. I tried using the command:

auth reset --username existing_user --password new_password

But that didn’t work. And then scrolling down tells you to find the .storage/ folder in Home Assistant, but I couldn’t find the folder, or any of Home Assistant files on my computer.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong here, but I really would like to go from a backup rather than starting from scratch.

Thanks in advance!