Locked out of new Home Assistant install on NAS

Hi,
Brand new to HA, but I managed to get it installed on my Synology NAS in a VM and it is running fine.
But wanting go in and start exploring how it all works, and get asked to log in.
I don’t recall ever creating user log in credentials, so I have no idea what the user name and password are.
How do I regain access?
I can’t even find where in my NAS the HA files are (I guess because it’s running in a VM).
I’m pretty techy, but this has me stumped.
Thanks for any assist.

Might be good to know how you installed it. Which installation method did you use?

Thanks for your reply!
I followed the instructions here: Installation on Synology Virtual Machine Managager

This might help, id you have ssh access to the machine. I'm Locked Out! - Home Assistant

Just found that article, but while I have used ssh on my PC, I have no idea how to invoke it on the VM… Will research…

If it is a VM (I am not familiar with it) you can probably use its commands. In docker world, we do like this and access command line

docker exec -it homeassistant bash

Thanks… I’m starting to think the simplest way is to delete the VM and start over :slight_smile:

If this is a new setup, do not even think about it, just erase it :slight_smile:

:+1:t2: I think that’s where I’ll head…
Cheers

1 Like

(keep in mind that on a synology, you can’t easily run commands like this)
Plus, you can’t really ssh into a vm, like you can into a docker container.

But yeah, op probably took the best decision

Helpful info thanks

so there is no way to access the internal system from outside?

well no. Except for having a virtual display. a vm is more like a physical pc in that sense. How would you access a physical machine? through it’s display