Here are a quick guide to get Home Assistant OS running in Synology VMM.
- Install Synology VMM (only supported on some models but I managed to get it to run on my DS716+II by downloading directly from Synology dsm6, dsm7)
- Download the Home Assistan OS
.ovaimage from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ev7g9xhck5bhw5/hassos_ova-5.11_syn-patch.ova?dl=1 (it is patched according to this discussion)
- Start up VMM and create a Storage pool.
- Create a network interface (Choose Type External and select the primary Network Interface).
- Click on Virtual Machine -> Create -> Import
- Here you select Import from OVA files and select the downloaded OVA file from above
Adjust CPU and memory according to how much you can spare.
Choose the network interface you created before.
Change Autostart -> Yes, BIOS -> UEFI & Virtual USB Controller to USB 3.0
Assign some users (Synology users that are allowed to start/stop the VM).
Press Next, Apply and Start the Virtual Machine.
- Follow the on-boarding on https://www.home-assistant.io/installation/alternative#start-up-your-virtual-machine
- Buy me a .
2021-02-26, the patch for official support have been merged, hopefully the 5.13 version of Homeassistant OS will have direct support.