Locks user management unified, inc. users PIN-codes + centalized tracking which users locked/unlocked a lock and when + how was locking done (manual from inside, outside keypad, integration service, or Home Assistant Companion, etc.)?

Feature request for extending existing lock integration and enhancing with centrilized user management for locks and users PINs.

Please add built-in user management + track user events/history for “smart locks” user events nativly to Home Assistant’s “lock” integration as a Building block integration (i.e. integration that used and provided by other integrations) to make the default user experience for handling smart locks users and event/history data equivalent to smart-lock manufacturer’s own proprietary apps.

Posting this as requesting enhanced features for extended lock management + make it part of Home Assistant user accounts management/configuration because when researching smart locks solutions with local API control for Home Assistant I was surprised to find out that Home Assistant’s lock integration currently has no built-in default user management interface for smart locks (UI for managing users PIN/PINS and Tags), nor users event tracking for logging user events for racking which users locked/unlocked a lock when, and how was locking done (manual from inside, outside keypad, integration service, or Home Assistant Companion, etc.) to make it easy to enable notifications when a specific user locks/unlocks a lock.

That would among other things allow a notification like “lock was unlocked by keypad operation user1” (Danalock does it) which can also be used for automation.

I believe enhanced generic lock user management is something that is also wanted for many other integrations that in turn make use of the Home Assistant’s lock integration as “lock” integration as a Building block integration (i.e. integration that used and provided by other integrations). Especially now that both Aqara Smart Lock U200 is “Works with Home Assistant” certified, and also Ultraloq (who speciaize in ZWave smart locks) is a Works with Home Assistant partner as well. But perhaps more importantly, there are a lot of other integrations that make use of that lock integration as building block, see:

For example, I have at least seen that August, Yale, and Yale Smart Living (a.k.a. Yale Smart Alarm), and Schlage integrations all seem to be very popular options for smart locks that are featured often by bloggers/vloggers in the Home Assistant Creator Network.

For reference, I am personally currently using a Yale Doorman smartlock with a radio-module for Verisure, and their official app and webinterface have a great interface that includes user management for smartlocks and awesome default features for history tracking + notifications with data on users locked/unlocked a lock when, and how was locking done (unlocked or locked manually from inside, outside keypad, via app why which user). So would be super if the the user experince from Verisure own app/webinterface for smart-lock user management for PIN/PINS and Tags + user events for notifications/history/tracking could be replicated. (The downside with the Verisure integration for Home Assistant is that it does not work locally and instead depends on a cloud service API and uses Cloud Pulling so state reporting lock/unlock events is very slow).

@marcelveldt mentioned in the discussion thread for the Aqara joins Works with Home Assistant blog-post that this is something that Nabu Casa developers want to implement for the Matter integration (for locks using the new Matter standard) and possibly also the Z-Wave JS integration, (and I assume that maybe also locks using the built-in ZHA (Zigbee Gateway) integration will be addressed then too since it is also a large standard?)