Log ERROR python virtualenv

Hi there, from time to time i see this error in the logfile:
17-03-24 08:27:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Fatal read error on socket transport Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 663, in _read_ready data = self._sock.recv(self.max_size) OSError: [Errno 113] No route to host

Everthing works as expected, but i’m wondering about the python path in the error message.
HA runs in the virtualenv like decribed in the docs.
Should there not be /srv/homeassi/lib/python3.4/asyncio/selector_events.py ?

Does anyone know what the error means?

Thanks for reading!

This error suggests that home-assistant, from time to time, can’t find a way of contacting a particular IP address. Are there other messages in the log which might tell you what it’s trying to do when this error occurs?

(I believe the Python path is a red herring; you would expect to see stdlib libraries coming from the host’s Python installation in virtualenvs.)

Had logger running with level debug, but no other messages.
Thanks for the explanation, learned what a “red herring” is. :relaxed:

I’m having this error flooding my logfile too for some time now, everything working as expected though.

2018-02-08 22:21:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Fatal read error on socket transport
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 723, in _read_ready
    data = self._sock.recv(self.max_size)
TimeoutError: [Errno 110] Connection timed out

Same error here. Looks like noone know how to fix this error related with connection encryption.