Log full of Errors - Took longer than the scheduled update interval

Hi,
Have just started getting a alot of errors in the log file around scheduled update interval. Any ideas what is suddenly causing this.

2018-08-07 21:59:51 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating bom sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30
2018-08-07 21:59:51 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating ring sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30
2018-08-07 21:59:52 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating darksky sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30
2018-08-07 21:59:52 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating speedtest sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30
2018-08-07 21:59:52 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating plex sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30
2018-08-07 21:59:54 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Updating ring binary_sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
2018-08-07 21:59:54 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Updating samsungtv media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10

Sometimes when doing some processor intensive tasks I get those for a few of my devices but it tends to stop when I close whatever else I was doing… do you have system monitor sensors setup to watch cpu load etc?

I have this same issue, however it’s not CPU based.

After a couple hours of running, my installation gets into this state and it no longer will show me the dashboard.

Anyone else seen this or have any thoughts on it?

1 Like

This is still an on going issue for me as well. HA is still available but I have notice things like automation taking a longer time to run. I am currently running 76.2. I have checked CPU usage and it is not running high. I have also noticed that it seems to fluctuate over time, I get a large number of message in the log, then there are a few hours of respite, then the message start appear again.
Wemo device appear to be the main ones although my Ring Door bell, Nest smoke alarms, Dark Sky are also appearing inthe logs almost as frequently

I should add, that last weekend I did a fresh install of Hassio with an addon and config restore via a snapshot to see if this would help the issue but it has not

Did you figure out a solution to this?

Hi i have the same problem.

Did you figure out a solution? I did a fresh install of hassio without a snapshot restore. hassio version 0.84.2

I think it’s due to hardware limitation of my slow Rpi2