Log full of warning "No watchdog response"

So I’m running a conbee 2 stick with zha for some days now. But my logs are full of warnings every 8 minutes like that:

2020-11-06 06:08:41 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy_deconz.zigbee.application] No watchdog response
2020-11-06 06:16:11 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy_deconz.zigbee.application] No watchdog response
2020-11-06 06:23:41 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy_deconz.zigbee.application] No watchdog response
2020-11-06 06:31:11 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy_deconz.zigbee.application] No watchdog response
2020-11-06 06:38:41 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy_deconz.zigbee.application] No watchdog response

Is this something I need to worry about? Any explanation what that actually means?

My zigbee devices are working so far but this night a lot of devices were unavailable for some hours. I’m not seeing any reason in the log. Any way I can find out why a device became unavailable?

Are you running ZHA and Deconz at the same time? I believe I had that issue when I was doing that (its been a while though). I stopped running Deconz and just ran ZHA and that seemed to fix… not 100% sure that was the fix though.

I’m having this issue too. Did you ever solve it? I’m running ZHA no Deconz.

I just did another restart of the raspberry pi afterwards and somehow that fixed it… So I’m actually not sure what was the root cause here but now its working somehow.

I had this problem some weeks ago too and somebody on Discord explained to me that this is caused if there is a connection problem with your stick and the raspberry pi. It seems that the connection is extremely fragile. Try to use a USB extension cable to connect to the stick and restart your Pi, after I did this the problem was gone.

1 Like

Thank you for the idea. I went through several HA restarts and finally a complete system restart and that seems to have fixed whatever the problem was.

Sorry to bring this old thread up, wanted to put this in here, maybe will help someone in the future :slight_smile: Your response helped me a lot… I had my ConBee 2 plugged into an USB HUB and the stick worked (with a few hiccups) with deconz and zigbee2mqtt, but not with ZHA. Connecting it directly into the PC’s USB port works like a charm.