Log warning with HACS and being deprecated in 2024.9

I keep getting this warning and not sure how to handle it other than wait for an update or filter out the log. any suggestions on this? I am fully up to date with HA 2024.3.0

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.frame
Source: helpers/frame.py:156
First occurred: 6:04:34 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 6:04:34 AM

Detected that custom integration ‘hacs’ accesses hass.components.frontend. This is deprecated and will stop working in Home Assistant 2024.9, it should be updated to import functions used from frontend directly at custom_components/hacs/frontend.py, line 68: hass.components.frontend.async_register_built_in_panel(, please create a bug report at Issues · hacs/integration · GitHub

1 Like

What is your HACS version ?

I just did a fresh install on the weekend

I would not worry about it. Ludeeus (creator of HACS) is part of the core HA team, I’m sure it will be fixed by 2024.9

2 Likes

ahh good to know. Thanks for the info

There is already a ticket in GitHub for HACS. It looks like it will be fixed in the next release.

I’m having some problems with Home Assistant not upgrading beyond version 11.1, and I’m getting the same error message, is there any possibility that there is a connection?

I’ve raised this on the forum buy haven’t had much success, is there any likelihood that this could be related?

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/update-11-15-not-installing-no-system-logs/698026/4

Are you talking about the HAOS version? If you are, then I have the hacs warning, but am on HAOS 12.5.

I think that the consensus is that this is a “for your information” message that’s not currently causing any problems, and will get sorted out by the original creator in the next version.

Is there any news on this?

I always read that the developer will fix this but we are not at 2024.6 and still no fix.

In 3 months HACS will stop working.

1 Like

The ticket mentioned above has been marked as fixed and merged to main. It’s just that no new HACS release has been made that includes the fix.

1 Like