Logbook card shows 'triggered by text' in the log message after updated to 2022.6

I have a question about the logbook card. Since version 2022.6 there is showed the text: “triggered by service logbook.log” after my message.

Before version 2022.6 this wasn’t showed:

I have some dummy entities created. And I use the logbook.log service to log an action (cutsom text) of an automation on those entities. In the logbook card I show those dummy entities.

Here you don’t want to see that extra text of triggered by… Does anybody know how I can hide this extra text?

1 Like

Hey, did you find a way around this? I use the logbook card to show the recent unlock events of my front door but now it just looks messy with the additional text. I wonder also if there is a way to not show it or maybe another way around it.

Hi Foil,

No I don’t have found a way to hide it. But it is really not an improvement. Actually we should report it as a bug.

Hi Martin,

I am looking for the same functionality that you have created. A custom logbook with your own messages.
Can you share with us how you set this up?

What I have already tried myself is by creating an input_text helper.
But as you can see in the image below, this is not the same result as what you have

Thanks in advance!

I have created some template sensors:

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      automation_log_entity:
        unique_id: "Automation_log_entity"   
        friendly_name: "Automation log entity"
        value_template: "on"

automation_covers_log_entity:
        unique_id: "Automation_covers_log_entity"   
        friendly_name: "Automation covers log entity"
        icon_template: mdi:window-shutter

automation_lights_log_entity:
        unique_id: "Automation_lights_log_entity"   
        friendly_name: "Automation lights log entity"
        icon_template: mdi:lightbulb-multiple

automation_washingmachine_log_entity:
        unique_id: "Automation_washingmachine_log_entity"   
        friendly_name: "Automation washing machine log entity"
        icon_template: mdi:washing-machine

automation_dryer_log_entity:
        unique_id: "Automation_dryer_log_entity"   
        friendly_name: "Automation dryer log entity"
        icon_template: mdi:tumble-dryer

Next i have added the logbook card in the UI:

type: logbook
entities:
  - sensor.automation_log_entity
  - sensor.automation_covers_log_entity
  - sensor.automation_lights_log_entity
  - sensor.automation_washingmachine_log_entity
  - sensor.automation_dryer_log_entity
hours_to_show: 168
title: Automatiseringen logboek

For all my automations I use Node-RED. In a call service node I add my message to the log.

[{"id":"48eae9f88a05d511","type":"api-call-service","z":"424560624253eb90","name":"Add message to logbook","server":"63f26c18.71f4f4","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"logbook","service":"log","areaId":[],"deviceId":[],"entityId":["sensor.automation_covers_log_entity"],"data":"{\"name\":\"Rolluiken voorkant\",\"message\":\"Rolluiken voorkant geopend.\",\"domain\":\"cover\"}","dataType":"json","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":290,"y":820,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"63f26c18.71f4f4","type":"server","name":"Home Assistant","version":4,"addon":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true,"heartbeat":false,"heartbeatInterval":30,"areaSelector":"friendlyName","deviceSelector":"friendlyName","entitySelector":"friendlyName","statusSeparator":"at: ","statusYear":"hidden","statusMonth":"short","statusDay":"numeric","statusHourCycle":"h23","statusTimeFormat":"h:m"}]

Hi Martin,

Thank you so much for sharing with us.
I succeeded now.

Now there should indeed be an option to disable the ‘triggered by text’…

I found another way to get this done.

I created a Text Helper. In my situation, I called it “Alarm Log”
Via Node-RED, I change the value of the Text Helper each time I want an entry in my logbook

[{"id":"89a6de34c3f49b1a","type":"server-state-changed","z":"c5bc44e52b8d6f12","name":"Alarm systeem","server":"e7575a56.84bb08","version":4,"exposeToHomeAssistant":false,"haConfig":[{"property":"name","value":""},{"property":"icon","value":""}],"entityidfilter":"input_select.alarm_systeem","entityidfiltertype":"exact","outputinitially":false,"state_type":"str","haltifstate":"","halt_if_type":"str","halt_if_compare":"is","outputs":1,"output_only_on_state_change":true,"for":"0","forType":"num","forUnits":"minutes","ignorePrevStateNull":false,"ignorePrevStateUnknown":false,"ignorePrevStateUnavailable":false,"ignoreCurrentStateUnknown":false,"ignoreCurrentStateUnavailable":false,"outputProperties":[{"property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"entityState"},{"property":"data","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"eventData"},{"property":"topic","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"triggerId"}],"x":80,"y":2020,"wires":[["cb19ca9e75ad5426"]]},{"id":"cb19ca9e75ad5426","type":"api-call-service","z":"c5bc44e52b8d6f12","name":"Schijf in log","server":"e7575a56.84bb08","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"input_text","service":"set_value","areaId":[],"deviceId":[],"entityId":["input_text.alarm_log"],"data":"{\"value\":\"Alarm systeem is {{ data.new_state.state }}\"}","dataType":"json","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":310,"y":2020,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"e7575a56.84bb08","type":"server","name":"Home Assistant","version":5,"addon":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true,"heartbeat":false,"heartbeatInterval":"30","areaSelector":"friendlyName","deviceSelector":"friendlyName","entitySelector":"friendlyName","statusSeparator":"at: ","statusYear":"hidden","statusMonth":"short","statusDay":"numeric","statusHourCycle":"h23","statusTimeFormat":"h:m","enableGlobalContextStore":true}]

Through HACS, I installed Frontend Repository “Logbook Card”

I have configured the following Lovelace Card in my dashboard:

type: custom:logbook-card
entity: input_text.alarm_log
max_items: 5
desc: true
show:
  state: true
  duration: false
  start_date: true
  end_date: false
  icon: false
  separator: true
title: ' '
history: 30

With this as a result:
alarmlog

For me, this is the perfect alternative.
I hope this helps you guys.

@robinnator

One problem with this option is that you don’t have icons at your own custom message.

But I don’t understand why there are icons in the messages below your custom message?

You have only 1 entity: input_text.alarm_log.

Do you know how you get those icons below?

Hi Martin,

in text messages I use emoji icons.
You can find and copy them from this site:
https://emojipedia.org

Okay clear. Thanks.

Hi fellas, and thanks for the hints.
I’ve found a way to include the lovelace icons “automagically”, and want to share it.
Nothe that there is also an emoticon in one log, just for a try.

type: custom:logbook-card
entity: input_text.gar_logs_aperture
state_map:
  - icon: mdi:door-open
    value: '*Relay*'
    icon_color: '#34b7eb'
  - icon: mdi:door-open
    value: '*Porta*'
    icon_color: '#d6a318'
  - icon: mdi:gate-arrow-left
    value: '*Scorrevole*'
    icon_color: '#4469cf'