Logbook Events not showing on front end for input_number

Hello, I created and input_number to track thermostat set point changes. For some reason the logbook even is not shown with the graph.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 7.39.03 PM

From the Logbook page
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 7.40.20 PM

This is working as intended.

Logbook entries in the more-info pop-up card are only shown for non-numeric sensors.

Ah ok thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if they are also not shown in the Logbook Card?

I ended up solving my problem by removing the unit of measurement from the input_number. So I don’t think it has to do with non-numeric sensors for my case.

Removing the unit_of_measurement makes it a non-numeric entity. So it most definitely does, you just proved it.

1 Like

Not always.

What type of entity is that?

A template sensor with a state = a state of input_select.

Just had a look at mine. It appears all sensor domain entities do not have a logbook entry list in the more info pop up. Only binary sensors do.

I find this not correct.

I find your statement confusing.

I reported that I do not see logbook entries for non numeric sensors in the more info pop-up. Confirming your observation.

You then link to an issue that says the same thing and say I am incorrect.

So how is my observation incorrect?

I find the current implementation “logbook is not displayed for a sensor w/o uom” incorrect.

Fine, me too, but the way you replied to a direct quote of me makes it look like you disagree with me when I said that.

I see, that could be confusing, agree.