Login and auth issue!

Hi

After fighting without any success and having to reinstall HA to recover access to it (neven succeeded to reset the authentification system :rage:), I reinstalled clean and this time was careful to well-setup the pass and save it in my password vault.
Unhappy when I try to login at third party modules installed in hassio (that are supposed to use the HA authentication system), I get rejected for authentication issues and same if I try to change my password in HA !!
I noticed these errors in log:

Error handling message: {'type': 'config/auth_provider/homeassistant/change_password', 'current_password': 'XXXXXXXXX', 'new_password': 'vincen', 'id': 21}

and that too:

Can't find Home Assistant auth.

Here is also relevant part of config file for authentication (prefers to avoid to touch these considering insane problems I got in past with authentication system of HA !!)

homeassistant:
  auth_providers:
    - type: trusted_networks

http:
  trusted_networks:
    - 192.168.1.0/24

Thanks

Vincèn

Try adding this:

auth_providers:
   - type: homeassistant
# Enable the auth component
auth:

After HA restart still same error in HA about missing auth when I try to access the UI of that hassio add-on :frowning:

No one on this ? I still get the same error in logs each time I try to access the UI of esphomeyaml:

and this is what I have in config file for auth things:

homeassistant:
  # Name of the location where Home Assistant is running
  name: Maison
  # Location required to calculate the time the sun rises and sets
  latitude: 11.11111
  longitude: 12.11111
  # Impacts weather/sunrise data (altitude above sea level in meters)
  elevation: 222
  # metric for Metric, imperial for Imperial
  unit_system: metric
  # Pick yours from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
  time_zone: Europe/Paris
  # Customization file
  customize: !include customize.yaml
  auth_providers:

http:
  trusted_networks:
    - 192.168.1.0/24

auth:

Did you find a solution for this? I am having authentication problems after a fresh installation too.
Also
in my log.

Nope I had to reinstall whole system, never found any solution unless all “solutions” suggested here, none of them worked !! It’s one of the biggest flaw design (or missing/incomplete/outdated documentation about this) of HA for me right now with none tool to validate efficiently your yaml files when you edit them !!
Good luck :wink: and please share solution if you find it !

I added this to my configuration.yaml
After a reboot everything worked!

homeassistant:
  auth_providers:
   - type: homeassistant
     trusted_networks:
            - 192.168.XXX.0/24      #=> Local network
            - 192.168.XXX.224/27    #=> VPN network

Little explanation as far as I understand it correctly.
You don’t need to provide anything anymore in regards to the auth_providers. HA configures the standard auth providers automatically. (That should explain why it worked after a reinstall)

BUT if you want to configure a custom setting in regards to the auth providers, you need to make sure you configure the whole thing as the default config isn’t activated anymore, and so will disable all auth providers that are not listed.
In my case, I wanted to bypass password authentication on my local network and on connection coming in via VPN.

So now I got the same issue “Can’t find Home Assistant auth.” when using plugins.

Adding the:
“type: homeassistant”
activates the default auth provider also, and solved everything.
(also, no extra auth: is needed as suggested I think)

Cryptic, you are a genius. I was having the same issues and your solution worked for me.
Thank You