Logitech Harmony Integration with @iandday's component

Everything looks correct based on the script that you posted earlier so long as your remote is shown in the states screen ( the <> in the developer tools sidebar) as remote.living_room.

It is showing the same . Let me try double checking everything from scratch as i cannot see any logs in pi when i click the input select but i can power off and on from remote.living_room.

Couldn’t find anything why the config is not working. Any other way to troubleshoot input_select. I am using same names as the activities name given in remote.

@vageesh79 Have you checked that your IP address for the hub has not changed?

Yes checked that. I can power off the Tv from remote.living_room but the input select options doesn’t work.

Just making sure you’re not missing the basics.

Is your automation ever triggering (check last_triggered)?

If you issue the exact same command (the remote.turn_on) using the services dev tool, does it work?

Just checked the automation never triggered. I am trying to find the error.

Thanks everyone love this forum for a great support. Got it working. I started every config for remote from scratch and its working now. Must have missed something in old config.

Can someone please provide an example to trigger a device command from the Web Gui. I have a Harmony controlled fan unit that is independent of any activities but can’t quite work out how to make a simple button to trigger it

Here’s the command I use to mute my receiver. I have it set up as a script that I can activate.

volumemute:
  sequence:
  - service: remote.send_command
    entity_id: remote.living_room_tv
    data:
      device: "30557844"
      command: "Mute"

Thankyou, managed to get it to show up in gui by making it a script:

#Aircon
script:
  aircontoggle:
    alias: Air Conditioning Toggle
    sequence:
      entity_id: remote.harmonyhub
      data:
        device: "37915702"
        command: "PowerToggle"

Is there a way to speed up the rate of send_command? I want to make a script to control volume via my Google Home. Using IFTTT I can say “hey google, turn the tv up by #”. The # calls the correct script which then counts down until the correct number of send_commands has been done. I have an example below. I also tried just making the sequence have the command multiple times, but either way the repeat of the command is slow.

script:
  tvup1:
    sequence:
        data_template:
          device: 40358144
          command: volumeup
          entity_id: remote.living_room
  tvup2:
    sequence:
        data_template:
      - service: script.turn_on
        data:
          entity_id: script.tvup1
  tvup3:
    sequence:
        data_template:
      - service: script.turn_on
        data:
          entity_id: script.tvup2

I know this way may not be the best way, but I am new to all of this and trying to learn… and well, this is what I came up with, LOL. It does work, it’s just so slow that it’s not really too handy.

I had the same question.

I had a power blackout and since then my HA wont boot, I tried to pinpoint the problem and i came down to this plugin, whenever i activate it in my confifuration setup HA wont boot.
Before that everzthing was working flawlessly. What can i do to fix it?

Have you checked to see if the IP address of your Harmony hub has changed by chance?

1 Like

that did the trick, i thoght i had the ip address of the hub set to manual but it was on dhcp.
Thx a million

How can I move the components if I used the all-in-one installer?

Complete noob here when it comes to homeassistant but could anyone tell me how to get started on the first step? I’m not really sure how to create a temp folder on my pi.

Install the required software:
(find the latest version of this software here: https://github.com/iandday/pyharmony/66)

Create a temp folder on your HASS computer and download pyharmony.

wget https://github.com/iandday/pyharmony/archive/master.zip

@cmcelroy09 this component is part of Home Assistant as of 0.34 - is there a reason you’re hand-installing it?

Ooops I guess hours upon hours of sitting in front of this screen starting to get to me!!

Ok so I’ve gotten everything setup in my config file but I am getting this error:

17-01-11 17:47:40 homeassistant.util.yaml: while scanning for the next token
found character ‘\t’ that cannot start any token
in “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml”, line 295, column 1

Here is that section of the config:

script:
  htpc:
    sequence:
    - service: remote.turn_on
    entity_id: remote.living
    data:
      activity: "22992000"
  xbox: