Looking for Blueprint to make lights flash

Looking for Blueprint to make lights flash anyhelp would be great

Welcome to the forum!

What kind of lights do you have? Some, like Philips Hue, are capable of flashing natively (meaning you simply instruct them to flash as opposed to repeatedly turn them on and off).

BTW, you have incorrectly categorized your post as ‘Blueprints Exchange’ which is for sharing one’s existing blueprints. General questions (about automations, scripts, blueprints, etc) are typically categorized with the Configuration tag.

4 Likes

Unless of course you are asking for someone else to write an automation for you in the form of a blueprint.

I’m just sayin’… :wink:

Or do what others have, tag it with ‘Configuration’ and ‘Blueprint’ or just ‘Blueprint’ alone (but not ‘Blueprint Exchange’).

Sorry I think you missed my point (this seems to be a recent trend because I apparently suck at “pointing” :laughing: ).

But what I meant was to be a slightly tongue-in-cheek jab at the OP basically asking someone to completely write an automation for them.

So, just to be more “pointy”, that’s not how this is supposed to work.

You need to do a bit of research and either use an already supplied blueprint or, better yet, try to come up with an automation that does what you want on your own. Then if you don’t succeed you can come on to the forums and tell us what you trried and where you got stuck so we can help you help yourself.

All of us here are volunteers who try to help others out when they get stuck but we are also users who spend our own spare time fiddling with our own setups. It would become more than a full time job if everybody didn’t want to take the time to learn HA and just started asking others here to do all of the work for them. Besides if you can learn to do it yourself then it’s a lot more rewarding in the end.

But that’s just MHO.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

I created a simple blueprint for flashing lights. Maybe this will help you.
simple flashing lights

Thnks but says invaild url

I updated the url. Should work now

i get it filled out hit say and it does go threw motion but never show up in automations thanks

I don’t understand your question. If you create a automation based on this blueprint you have just to enbale the input_boolean to activaed flashing lights and disable the input_boolean to deactivate flashing lights. Of course you must have create a input_boolean switch before. For more details see input_boolean documentation.

In my example the input_boolean called flashing light will enable or disabled flashing lights living room Lights and Theater Lights. If your are disabled flashing via the input_boolean it will restore the previous light state of all lights.

Got it working only flashes ones is there a way to flash it like 30 seconds

the current blueprint is designed like this … if your input_boolean is activated your lights will be flashing. So if you want 30 seconds flashing your lights you have to activated your input_boolean for this time. If you deactived your input_boolean it will stop flashing and restore your lights. For example you can do it like this automation:

alias: 'Test 30 sec. flashing lights '
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: input_boolean.flashing_light
    to: 'on'
  condition: []
  action:
  - delay: 00:00:30
  - service: input_boolean.turn_off
    data: {}
    entity_id: input_boolean.flashing_light
  mode: single

Alternative you have to change the blueprint

2 Likes

Hi Markus,

Thank you for this Blueprint, it’s exactly what I was after. I’m using this in my kid’s bedroom to give them a warning to brush their teeth and get ready for bed.

(Utilising this on some fairy lights and under bed LED strips)

Is there any easy way for me to be able to set the lights to red as well without messing around with your blueprint? Firstly I’m still learning my way around HA, Scripts and YAML, but also I don’t want to overcomplicate it either.

Regards,

Ricci

No, he’s using the light.toggle service. You’d have to adjust the blueprint to include a turn on some point before the toggling occurs to get a color associated with it.

1 Like