Looking for decent light integration

Hi,

Currently i’m using hue lights with hue bridge and some zigbee switches to build in
https://www.beaumotica.nl/icasa-iczb-iw11sw-ac-switch-7104389273352

However
i’m using 12V switches on the walls, and everything is centralized to my fusebox

I could use all such zigbee switches, to control all my lights with hue, but that would be expensive

I’m looking for a decent, cheap, easy to install method to control all my lights in the house.
Prefereable on din rail.

I already did some huge research, but there are huge possibilites

Going from railduino, loxone miniserver, knex, unipi, wago plc, …

I think i need digital inputs (to connect my wall switches too) and digital outputs (to connect my lights to)

However, if my home assistant instance fails to run, i should still be able to use my lights

Who can help?

Nobody in the same street?

Have you seen youtube channel superhouse?
It’s a long video but it’s a really great system he built.
Wish I could build something like that but we have a rented apartment.

Watch it all. It may be a bit slow but it will probably give you a good idea.

For my light switches i use a custom built Shelly 1 like device and flashed them with ESPHome. These cost me a bit over 5 euro :slight_smile:
I have swapped the physical switch for a blind plate with a touch sensitive sensor behind it.
When Home Assistant fails, the lights still work. I have also done that for my motion detection.
Had some power sockets that i did not use and converted them to a motion sensor, also built with a custom Shelly 1 and a blind plate. One must: a strong and stable WiFi network.
I am using this for over a year now and i have had zero isssues with them :slight_smile:

That explains the broker part.

However, question is, how hard is it.
And what to get as hardware…

Railduino, unipi (1.1 or neuron or axon) or loxone ? or wago plc?

If you translate, the unipi is the hardware for the switches/ the lights/ and the “intelligence” right?

I believe the video covers that too.
He uses normal rail relays.

Or maybe I don’t understand your question.

Did you note this part here: https://youtu.be/vL54JfldB4Y?t=384