Looking for help getting assist_timers.yaml working

I have added both * package/assist_timers.yaml and
*custom_sentences//assist_'timers.yaml to my config and I get no response of any kind from the system except “sorry I couldn’t understand that”
I am very new to HA and looking for help.

I am concerned assist_timers are not voice activated but activated by text?

Have you restarted HA? Whenever you add new files to your configuration, you need to perform a restart.

There are more than 2000 integrations for home assistant, hundreds of thousands of HA-related script examples and code snippets on the internet, and similar names get used all the time. Either post the code you are using or provide a link the source where you go it, so we know what you are talking about.

There is a developer tool specifically for testing Assist, including custom intents.

I made a mistake in what the timers did. I have since moved to using config/config_assist_intent_script.yaml for using voice for timers. it understands my voice to start a timer, it replies correctly but it never triggers my script VOICE Start timer. something in the script is wrong. when I run the script I get an error message that an offset should be set to ‘HH:MM:SS’ but I don’t know how to fix this script, I am not sure why other people say it works when mine does not.
I want to thank you for any help you can give me. I am not a programmer and did not expect this level of work to get things working. Thank you for your thoughts.

There are more than 2000 integrations for home assistant and hundreds of thousands of HA-related script examples and code snippets are available on the internet. Similar names get used all the time… we don’t know what you are talking about unless you share the information.

• Post the code you are using.
  • Provide a link to any custom integrations you are using for the script is question.
  • If you are using code from another post or site, provide a link the source where you go it, so we know what you are talking about.

We cannot see inside your configuration, so we do not know what is in config_assist_intent_script.yaml or if it is being merged into your configuration file properly.

Please review Community Guidelines: How to Help Us Help You.

wait for 2024.06, this release will add timer functionality. At first, for some languages.