I quoted “thermostat” because what I really need is a battery powered unit (using zigbee or similar) where I can:
- read room temperature,
- set the target temp displayed on the unit, and
- read what the user has set the target temp to, if they choose to overide the programmed target.
I don’t need the device to actually control anything as I will do that inside HA.
The environment is that each room as a Z-Wave rad valve to do the actual temp control. I also have a Shelly controlling the boiler.
What I want to do is to:
- use Schedy to set a baseline temperature profile for each room (already done),
- allow the user to overide this using a room-based control (to do),
- but then use the actual room temp to decide whether the boiler needs to run or not - based on whether or not the actual temp is lower than the target (to do).