Looking for split system aircon recomendstions

Hi all. I am installing some split systems soon, and want to get into the home automation gig.

I am a bit miffed though, on what the best options are for the units I should get. So I am asking here for some advice. I have seen a few solutions that essentuallynhacknthe IR in order to get it to work, but I’m hoping for something that has better implementation, perhaps directly into my network via WiFi or ethernet. But there are so many options to choose from, and I haven’t found a clear winner from whats available. But I admit that this is just the start of the journey.

I live in Australia, and I am open to any brand unit. But it must be a good quality unit that will last a long time. As its a large outlay financially.

Same location and I plan on replacing my ancient split systems next year too. So… watching with interest.

The only option I’ve looked t so far is Daikin with the BRP072A42 wifi controller board. However I’m looking at a multi-split system so that may not be an option.

1 Like

i looked at the daiknis, but their intergration was balls. so ended up with the mitsis. however, i cant get the code to compile for the mitsubishi2mqtt

i can however say, that the mitsis are by far the best split system i have ever used. heir power consumption is so low its crazy. and the cooling capacity… fantastic

1 Like

What’s the issue you are having with compiling?

Which ESP module are you using?

Maybe this is useful ?

This protocol can be used on units made by vendors:

I am using wemos minis. As per the github.

Here is a link yo my thread here with the issue and the link to the github issue.

Hi Jason! How did your upgrade go? Daikin’s BRP072A42 was an easy integration for me, unfortunately, it’s been unavailable in my country since last year. Looking for another brand but can’t seem to find one that has the same plug and play integration as daikin. Any leads on other brands?