Looking For Step By Step Costco Feit Smart Dimmer Tuya Convert Tasmota Install

hi i looking for Step by step with pictures and circles around solder spots
on where to solder wires etc
for the
Costco Feit Smart Dimmer switch
and become a Sticky for other noobies can reference and then also follow the detailed instructions

so i can convert these switchs
as really i though since they are Wifi
you plug them in and boom you should be able to use it on your home network with no issues so then it would work with Home assistant no issues… well i was wrong

like a brother printer you use an app you change the ip address and now its on your network and there is no need for an account with a website etc

You may be in for an adventure:

1 Like

I started a thread a while back and tried to put some concise information in it. It has grown a bit. :grinning:

Andy

And to build on Andy’s Tasmota tread, I am doing a TOTAL NEWBIE physical teardown and ESPHome thread based on your comments @comet424.

I’m no expert and I am not done and I didn’t do photo documentation of my entire process - so you will still have to read. But I’m trying to put it all in order. If it helps great. If not - then someone else may learn from my mistakes!

Probably won’t finish it tonight - but might.

ah ok ill read

see i bought these because they said 2.4ghz and home network same i bought the TPlink smart wifi switchs says 2.4ghz and links to your home network
i went this route as i didnt wanan buy a 100 dollar Z-Wave dongle for home assistant

and i find that this stuff is not plug and play like any Home network device
this doesnt work like a Brother Printer
you install the App or goto the Webserver of the device 192.168.0.1 and then you change the IP address of the switch and change your Wifi on the switch so its part of your own network WPA and you give it an ip address… easy peezy

i did not realize i have to de solder anything or take it apart
and i guess there is no plug and play works out of the box with Home assistant… but ill give it a try to read up. as i didnt expect any of this… just setup on my home network and i done

For a much easier method than dissembling, soldering and flashing your switch, you can just add the Feit switch to the Tuya app and then access it via the built-in HA integration. The only caveat is that you have to use the secondary method of adding the switch to the app. This means holding down the down button on the switch for several seconds until it begins fast blinking, then releasing and holding down again for another few seconds until it begins to slow blink. Then just select the slow blink option when adding the device in the Tuya app. After that you just find the SmartLife SSID in the wifi selection and a few seconds later it’s added to the app.

I had exactly the same problem
download tuya on you phone. It is the samething than feit electric program
you have to include your dimmer one by one in this program the samething you did with feit program
hold the button on the dimmer and when it blink, add it on tuya
After that you have to include tuya in home assistant
setting,device, add integration and add tuya
all the device you put in tuya will be detected automaticaly in home assistant
you have to follow the step for add tuya in home assistant, you have to create an account on iot.tuya.com and do not forget to choose the good region because it took me long before I found that I had Easter America data center and when I changed it for Wester america data center everything was find. I’m in Canada and it’s Wester America data center for us