Lost Access to HA - Change IP

Community…need some help with my home assistant. I have changed the subnet in my home in which HA was operating. I did not change the IP address that HA was using on the old subnet before losing complete internet access to HA. I need to re-address the IP address of HA or set HA to a DHCP mode but don’t know how to accomplish this. Right now I have a monitor connected to HA and its displaying the CLI command screen for HA. I attempted to login into the GUI of HA locally but was also unable because I have 2-Factor Authentication and failed to authenticate because HA don’t have access to the internet. Any ideas would be very much appreciated

If you are on a RPi Have you try the thumb drive network setting method?

Or have a look here see anything helpful

ha network interface --help
ha network info

to start with, and proceed (with caution)

Hi…not familiar with this USB method. Do you have any resource I can looked at? I’m running my HA on an RPi4. I’m trying to access HA GUI locally by connecting to my Pi4 directly and using the browser with the HA instance IP address and the port number but is asking for a 2-Step authentication token . HA is unable to authenticate the number because it doesn’t have access to the internet. Remember my HA instance is set with a different Private IP address subnet than what I’m currently using.

• Format a USB Stick (FAT32) with volume name CONFIG
  • Create a folder named network in the root dir
  • In that folder create a file named my-network WITHOUT EXTENTION
  • Edit the ‘my-network’ file with notepad using this format.
  • Plug the USB stick into the Raspberry Pi 3 BEFORE powering on
  • Power on the Pi and it should import the setting

Can this command be ran, like on the article you reference, " ha network update default --ipv4-method auto ",to set networking back to DHCP. Here is an example I found on the Net of the CLI screen I have access to while connected to my Pi4.

Do I need to type “Login” to access the host to be able to ran those commands you are suggesting? Or on the CLI screen, typed them on the prompt, " ha > "

I ran the 《ha netwotk info》 command and this is what I got.

It doesn’t look that on my HA instance I’m using eth0 and that IP address I see there, I don’t recognize it. I know what the IP address used to be on the Pi4 network interface. That screen shot mentions Docker and a hassio interface. Any help please!!

I ran this other command 《nmcli device show 》and see below the output. Here I can see my eth0 interface with the correct IP address I had HA setup with. I want to change eth0 to DHCP (HA Default) and let my router handle a static IP to HA.

Follow this procedure I found on my hunt for a solution that allow me the hability to connect HA to my network and access the GUI.

For heaven’s sake, text not pictures please.

1 Like

… and get use to CLi, you can use --help or -h after each command, really not so hard to go throught
net up -h …there you see how to enable dhcp(auto) for your eth0