Lost all Skybell components after a reboot

Hi,

I’ve got a Skybell HD that was working fine until I rebooted HA yesterday. I am running HA 0.84.6 under Hassio. I saw this thread:

and tried deleting skybell.pickle and restarting, but I still see the following on my frontend:

I didn’t change anything about my Skybell config itself prior to the reboot.

#Doorbell
skybell:
  username: !secret skybell_user
  password: !secret skybell_password

binary_sensor:
  - platform: skybell
    monitored_conditions:
      - button
      - motion

And then further down I also have:

camera:

*Other redacted components*

light:

switch:
    monitored_conditions:
      - do_not_disturb
      - motion_sensor

I did have a family member who shared their Skybell with me recently, so is that perhaps the culprit?

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. @MisterWil perhaps? Thanks.

1 Like

Try deleting the skybell.pickle file in your root config directory and restart.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try deleting the pickle file and rebooting. Still the same behavior, unfortunately.

1 Like

Ah, sorry, obviously I read right past that part where you already tried that. Could you post the relevant parts of your log file?

1 Like

Thanks. Below is the error I was seeing in my log:

Error during setup of component skybell
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 148, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/skybell.py", line 49, in setup
    get_devices=True, cache_path=cache)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 66, in __init__
    self.get_devices()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 143, in get_devices
    device = SkybellDevice(device_json, self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skybellpy/device.py", line 26, in __init__
    self._settings_json = self._settings_request()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skybellpy/device.py", line 65, in _settings_request
    json_data=json_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 198, in send_request
    return self.send_request(method, url, headers, json_data, False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 200, in send_request
    raise SkybellException(ERROR.REQUEST, "Retry failed")
skybellpy.exceptions.SkybellException: Request failed: Retry failed

When I removed the Skybell that my family member shared with me and restarted HA again, I got my Skybell back in HA. So, at the moment it looks like if you have a shared Skybell, the HA component may not work.

Can anyone else verify?

1 Like

Interesting - that’s the first I heard of this happening. I wonder if its just shared devices or simply having multiple devices. I have neither so I can’t really test it and I imagine many users only have one as well. If someone would be willing to share their skybell with me - a huge ask I am aware - I could probably find some time to figure out exactly why this is happening and attempt to fix it.

1 Like

Hello. Am getting the exact same issue. This morning for some reason my skybell stop working. Getting the same invalid conf message. Yesterday, it was all working fine. go figure. I have tried to delete the skybell pickle file and rebooted. Same config message comes up. I am not sharing my app with anyone but my wife does have the app also but its under my name. Its not a share. Let me know please if you have a solution to the issue. I loved the way I could use it in my automations.

Hi, the same issue here since a couple of hours

2019-01-19 20:54:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component skybell
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 95, in login
    json_data=login_data, retry=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 200, in send_request

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 148, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/skybell.py", line 49, in setup
    get_devices=True, cache_path=cache)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 66, in __init__
    self.get_devices()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 130, in get_devices
    response = self.send_request("get", CONST.DEVICES_URL)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 165, in send_request
    self.login()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 97, in login
    raise SkybellAuthenticationException(ERROR.LOGIN_FAILED, exc)
skybellpy.exceptions.SkybellAuthenticationException: Login failed: Request failed: Retry failed

Hi all,

I again had this same issue today after I restarted HA (0.85.1). However, for me deleting skybell_cache.pickle and restarting HA resolved the situation this time around.

With multiple reports like this I’m wondering if perhaps there was a short blip on the Skybell server side that played havoc with the cached data…

You must be right. After removing the cache file again this morning everything is working again. Perfect.
Thanks

I have yet to be able to use my SkyBell. My logs are the same as @ADHawk.

I found a guide online. Using this https://github.com/thoukydides/homebridge-skybell/wiki/Protocol-HTTPS . I can get settings

root@HLAB-A17:/mnt/c/Users/adamo# curl -X GET -H "Content_Type: application/json"  -H "Authorization: Bearer MYKEYNOTYOURS" https://cloud.myskybell.com/api/v3/subscriptions/MYIDNOTYOURS/settings/
{"ring_tone":0,"do_not_ring":false,"do_not_disturb":false,"digital_doorbell":true,"video_profile":0,"mic_volume":63,"speaker_volume":96,"chime_level":3,"motion_threshold":100,"low_lux_threshold":50,"med_lux_threshold":150,"high_lux_threshold":400,"low_front_led_dac":220,"med_front_led_dac":195,"high_front_led_dac":170,"green_r":21,"green_g":255,"green_b":5,"led_intensity":100,"motion_policy":"disabled"}

I can get the current avitar image

But HomeAssistant keeps saying this:

Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 190, in _async_setup_component
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:     result = await asyncio.wait_for(task, SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 416, in wait_for
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:     return fut.result()
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:     result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/skybell/__init__.py", line 45, in setup
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:     username=username, password=password, get_devices=True, cache_path=cache
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:   File "/root/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 66, in __init__
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:     self.get_devices()
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:   File "/root/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 143, in get_devices
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:     device = SkybellDevice(device_json, self)
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:   File "/root/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/device.py", line 26, in __init__
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:     self._info_json = self._info_request()
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:   File "/root/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/device.py", line 69, in _info_request
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:     response = self._skybell.send_request(method="get", url=url)
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:   File "/root/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 198, in send_request
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:     return self.send_request(method, url, headers, json_data, False)
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:   File "/root/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 200, in send_request
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]:     raise SkybellException(ERROR.REQUEST, "Retry failed")
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]: skybellpy.exceptions.SkybellException: Request failed: Retry failed
Jul 06 17:54:04 raspberrypi hass[590]: 2020-07-06 17:54:04 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform skybell.switch: Unable to set up component.
Jul 06 17:54:05 raspberrypi hass[590]: 2020-07-06 17:54:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform skybell.light: Unable to set up component.

I’m wondering if the API changed or something?

Same issue here… Was running 112.3 upgraded to 112.4 and noticed the error. Prior to never received an error.

2020-07-13 20:54:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component skybell
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 95, in login
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 200, in send_request

Deleted my pickle file and rebooted… No luck

Same here, Skybell stopped working after update to 112.4:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 95, in login
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 200, in send_request

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 193, in _async_setup_component
    result = await asyncio.wait_for(task, SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/skybell/__init__.py", line 45, in setup
    username=username, password=password, get_devices=True, cache_path=cache
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 66, in __init__
    self.get_devices()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 130, in get_devices
    response = self.send_request("get", CONST.DEVICES_URL)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 196, in send_request
    self.login()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skybellpy/__init__.py", line 97, in login
    raise SkybellAuthenticationException(ERROR.LOGIN_FAILED, exc)
skybellpy.exceptions.SkybellAuthenticationException: Login failed: Request failed: Retry failed

Hi all, OP here. I originally posted this a while back, well before the latest HA release. In fact, for a while under 0.112. 4, I believe I was still seeing my Skybell in HA. However, I can now add that it’s gone now for me too as of last night I think.

There is now a Github issue:

Thanks @wasafiri.

1 Like

thanks @adamoutler for the tip about the wiki, I only use skybell integration just to get the avatar and last activity image, because of latency with door button/motion with home assistant.
i ended up integrating skybell to smartthings and smartthings to Home assistant to get everything else I wanted.

i got the avatar image, i think i got the last activity image from the url returned in
GET https://cloud.myskybell.com/api/v3/devices/<Device_ID>/activities/

it is the url with mediaSmall. I’ll know for sure when i get home

1 Like

Someone solved the problem. User-agent strings are being deny-listed. Changing user agent to anything else works.

So how do we get Skybell to work again? I don’t see anything in Home Assistant configuration where we can specify a user-agent.

Update Home Assistant, remove ~/.home-assistant/skybell_cache.pickle, then restart Home Assistant. Worked well for me.

Hmm, I did the same thing. Update HA, deleted the pickle file and restarted but still no joy with SkybellHD.

Ok. Now it’s working after another update and restart.