Lost phone tracking in last update

I have updated to 2022.2.2 and have lost/can’t find how to track a device when connected to my router.

Previously using the “ASUSWRT” integration I was able to track a device (my phone) so that it would report when it was connected or not (HA would report as either at home or not home). Since the update my automations that used that feature have stopped working and the conditions/triggers are now empty.

What am I missing? I remember reading in the release notes something about certain things being hidden by default on integrations like ASUSWRT which can create tons of devices/entities, but i Have gone into ASUSWRT and enabled my phone to be discoverable.

Here is the yaml code for my original condition on one of my automations (removed device_id as not sure if there is any privacy issues?):

condition: device
device_id: 
domain: device_tracker
entity_id: device_tracker.myphone
type: is_not_home

it is like ASUSWRT no longer lists the phone as a device and is now listed as an “entity”

Do you find that entity in the dev-tools view and is it enabled?

That particular yaml was before the update and was done via the GUI (still new to this and mostly using the GUI for setting up).

I have checked in the entities of the ASUSWRT and it is enabled there, I also checked the dev tools and it is listed there. It is attached to my user profile to.

The blog post is, and I don’t mean any offence, not that helpful. It says I can enable it but not how to do that or where to go to find out how to do that.

What I think is the problem is that HA is now listing device_tracker.myphone as an entity and not a device as it seemed to before (an assumption I am making as the config above says it was a device being used as the condition)

Right I have it figured out! Yay me! :rofl:

So if you want setup as a Trigger you need to select

Trigger type: **State**
Entity: **device_tracker.YOUR_DEVICE**
To: **not_home** (or **home**)

and if you need it as a Condition
Condition type: **State**
Entity: **device_tracker.YOUR_DEVICE**
State: **not_home** (or **home**)

The bit that really threw me was that the state in the log book is “Home” and “Away”. But that is an abstraction it seems and the actual state, which I got from the Dev Tools is “home” and “not_home”

Thought I would write up about this just in case it helps anyone else :slight_smile: