Lost Raspberry Pi 3 Wifi

Started with the NOOB and in an attempt to install Home Assistant tried the All-In-One installer. After a couple of attempts I kept getting a “Server has stopped” error. So went to the Hassbian installer. Wrote the image to the SD card and in my haste booted it up with no Ethernet cable attached. Thinking maybe nothing installed I wrote to the SD card again and hooked up an Ethernet cable and powered it up. With the Ethernet cable attached I found the IP address of my Pi and started up Home Assistant on my laptop. I thought Home Assistant should be able to run strictly of the Raspberry wifi. But when I unplug the Ethernet cable I lose the connection. With installing using Hassbian did I lose or turn off the wifi for the Raspberry Pi 3. I had it when I was running NOOB. Thanks guys!!!

You need to configure wireless via ethernet before you can use it.

Instructions here http://www.bruhautomation.com/single-post/2016/09/20/Home-Assistant-Quick-Start-Guide

1 Like

Barry, thank you. Was running out of patience and time and chose the easy (lazy) way before calling it a night. Appreciate the help. Was totally burnt out.