Lost remote access to Hassio

Hello,

I have been using Home Assistant for a year or so now.

I have benn using DuckDns to access Hassio remotely but for a few months now all my attempts to try to access Hassio remotely or understand what is happening have failed.

I have access in the local network, but I cannot access remotely.

I have set up port forwarding on my router (443 to 8123 and 22 to 22) but I cannot access it (remote SSH doesn’t work either).

So I am not sure what the problem is.

I checked www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and it seems port 8123 is open, but when I try to telnet to it it fails.

Is it the router? Any ideas what I can look for so I can identify the cause?

Thank you

It seems I can use SSH to access Hassio when I use the phone with data, not connected to the same WIFI as Hassio (I guess the router prevents hairpining).

But Hassio is still not accessible on 8123

Errm… your port forwarding is back to front. You want 443 external to 8123 internal. This should show up as port 433 being open.

Also delete that port 22 forward rule. Unless you are using pre-shared keys it is horribly insecure. Use the community web terminal and ssh addon. That way you have only one port open. You remote access Home Assistant the you can open a web ssh terminal from the addon page.

The forwarding rules were set up correctly. It seems my router was not allowing connections to the public address while connected to it.

When I tried to connect from my phone using the data connection, not WIFI, I got Hassio to work.

Seems to be the router causing the issue.

Thanks for the SSH tip.

See if your router has a NAT loopback option (aka “hairpinning”) option you can enable. If not, you could set up a reverse proxy (NGINX, or CADDY ).

Hi everybody,

it seems duckdns is down…
http://www.websitedown.info/duckdns.org