Lost Xiaomi Aqara Temperature sensors

Home Assistant crashed after last update, I restored it from a backup and everything works fine - except Xiaomi temperature/humidity sensors. They used to work without issue, I can still see them in the Mi Home app - but not in home assistant (no entities for temp sensors). All other Xiaomi sensors work fine. They are added from Configuration > Integrations. Anyone experience something similar?

SharedScreenshot

same here.

setup:
rpi4 with the newest version 2020.12.01
3 xiaomi hub’s
…and a ton of other stuff

I use the temperature sensors to control my heating - its getting pretty cold here :snowman: :cold_face:. So any input would be appreciated.

So far I have:

I tried to remove integration and reinstall it several times - nu luck

I tried the xiaomi miio integration and found that it does not support motion and door sensors. went back to aqara - still nothing.

I tried to install a backup from when it was working - still nothing

I have also set up an other rpi4 with a temporary installation and here the temperature sensors are working fine. (I have 1000+ entities and I don’t really want to setup a new installation right now)

/

I have aqara sensors (also xiaomi, but it’s zigbee, probably like yours) and I need to manually reconnect them if something in the configuration changes. 5 second on the small button on the device.
I don’t have the xiaomi hub, I use zigbee2mqtt on cc2531 dongle, so once I reset them the coordinator picks up their communication and it works again fine because their addresses haven’t changed.
I’m guessing you use the xiaomi hub? maybe its IP was changed? I don’t have experience with the hub but I know there is an integration that uses the hub (Xiaomi Aqara Gateway integration, not miio) that looks for the hub by it’s IP, so maybe you need to reinstall it with correct one. I’m pretty sure you can see it in the app.

One more think I can think of is that the API key was changed. I have the robot vacuum and when I had issues that involved a device reset or wifi setting reset then the API key was replaced. If it is the case then you need to obtain the new key.
You can find how to do it here: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/xiaomi_miio/
The cloud extractor was much easier than the other methods if you are fine with handing over your password…:
https://github.com/PiotrMachowski/Xiaomi-cloud-tokens-extractor
That gives you both the IP and the API key… I can tell you that for me the integrations still didn’t work and I had to add it manually to configuration.yaml, which was successful.

Hope that helps

Hi gal,

ip’s and keys are ok since most of the entities are ok - as the op wrote temperature sensors are missing.

ill experiment a bit more tomorrow. thanks for your input

If they all use the same hub then ofcourse you’re right. Good luck.

Update: the temperature sensors came back after updating “Supervisor” to latest version, but not “Home Assistant Core” - will check later this evening if this update will break it again or keep working.

Update:

I found an old image from 6 months ago and this worked.

Then I copied all my configuration files (config, automation, customize etc etc) and ditto for lovelace.

All in all, a lot of work and never found out what caused the malfunction in the first place.

Now I am setting up a second pi with a redundant installation - just in case