Lots of errors in the logs after moving to new home

Hi all,

I’m not sure where all the errors come from that I’m seeing in the logs. I recently (two weeks ago) moved to a new house and not everything is set up properly again. I unfortunately even had to swap my router, but the WiFi and the LAN that my HA and all other device are/would be connected to are still the same because I’ve split internet router and my local network to two different hardware devices, the latter still being the same.

So I’m seeing now an immense amount of this error (66,000 times):

Logger: async_upnp_client.ssdp
Source: runner.py:179
First occurred: 7. Mai 2023 um 16:35:44 (66628 occurrences)
Last logged: 07:05:22

* Received error: [Errno 101] Network unreachable, transport: <_SelectorDatagramTransport fd=36 read=polling write=<idle, bufsize=0>>, socket: <asyncio.TransportSocket fd=36, family=AddressFamily.AF_INET, type=SocketKind.SOCK_DGRAM, proto=0, laddr=('0.0.0.0', 50931)>
* Received error: [Errno 101] Network unreachable, transport: <_SelectorDatagramTransport fd=39 read=polling write=<idle, bufsize=0>>, socket: <asyncio.TransportSocket fd=39, family=AddressFamily.AF_INET6, type=SocketKind.SOCK_DGRAM, proto=0, laddr=('::', 48793, 0, 0)>
* Received error: [Errno 19] No such device, transport: <_SelectorDatagramTransport fd=36 read=polling write=<idle, bufsize=0>>, socket: <asyncio.TransportSocket fd=36, family=AddressFamily.AF_INET, type=SocketKind.SOCK_DGRAM, proto=0, laddr=('0.0.0.0', 50931)>

And this (17,000 times)

Protokolldetails (FEHLER)

Source: components/ssdp/__init__.py:383
First occurred: 7. Mai 2023 um 16:36:16 (16708 occurrences)
Last logged: 07:04:31

* Received error: [Errno 19] No such device, transport: <_SelectorDatagramTransport fd=23 read=polling write=<idle, bufsize=0>>, socket: <asyncio.TransportSocket fd=23, family=AddressFamily.AF_INET, type=SocketKind.SOCK_DGRAM, proto=0, laddr=('0.0.0.0', 49083)>
* Received error: [Errno 101] Network unreachable, transport: <_SelectorDatagramTransport fd=22 read=polling write=<idle, bufsize=0>>, socket: <asyncio.TransportSocket fd=22, family=AddressFamily.AF_INET6, type=SocketKind.SOCK_DGRAM, proto=0, laddr=('::', 41834, 0, 0)>
* Received error: [Errno 101] Network unreachable, transport: <_SelectorDatagramTransport fd=23 read=polling write=<idle, bufsize=0>>, socket: <asyncio.TransportSocket fd=23, family=AddressFamily.AF_INET, type=SocketKind.SOCK_DGRAM, proto=0, laddr=('0.0.0.0', 49083)>

Any idea where this might come from? I disabled a few intergrations from devices that are not back online yet, but that didnt help :frowning:

You have an integration that uses upnp to talk to your old router that is still installed.

1 Like

Uhhh, ok. I had the router integration disabled, but maybe it’s the printer or something. I’m gonna hunt this down. Thanks for the hint!

I’m seeing the Network Unreachable error, with ipaddr=0.0.0.0, but with a new installation.

Like @mombro it’s spamming my log file.

I am new to HA, so still finding my way. I tried removing what I thought was the obvious culprit (DLNA Renderer and Server), and the errors are still churning out.

What’s the best place to look to route cause this problem?

The full error is:

Source: runner.py:179
First occurred: 12:45:09 (23 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:56:09

Received error: [Errno 101] Network unreachable, transport: <_SelectorDatagramTransport fd=33 read=polling write=<idle, bufsize=0>>, socket: <asyncio.TransportSocket fd=33, family=2, type=2, proto=0, laddr=('0.0.0.0', 37827)>

Note that I cleared the log a few minutes prior, so the occurrence count is much larger than this suggests.