Lots of IOwait in Glances on iRPI4

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice. Just started playing with new RPI4 (4GB) and runs quite nicely. I used a Samsung Class 10 SD Card (32GB) which was lying around and seeing quite a bit of IOWait in Glances.

Not being very familiar with IOWait did some reading and i do get it doesnt necessarily only point to SD Card but looking for some pointers.

From what i can see, CPU is doing nothing but lots of IOWait. I presume its SD, but any other takes?

Thanks
Derick

Same here.
I found this post

Are you running 64 or 32?

I’m running 64bit on Pi3 Hassio

That’s interesting. I wonder if there is something to do with the 64 bits version.
I’m on a RPi 4 with the 64 bits.

I’m on 32bit version.
I do believe that this is possible related to a slow sd card. The one i’m using is class 10, but i dont believe it has any real performance and going to try a new install on a A2 card rather.

Also holding out for USB booting support on RPI4, as this would anyway be the longer solution for logging and metrics monitoring.

Then it has nothing to do with 64 vs 32.
I will look if there is a way to clone and test on a different card, SanDisk instead of Samsung.

Hopefully, the USB support is on the developer’s roadmap.

I got 32bit as well, and maybe a really slow card. Not A2 definitely.

CPU	14.1%
user:	11.2%
system:	2.8%
idle:	50.1%
nice:	0%
irq:	0%
iowait:	35.9%
steal:	0%
MEM	19.6%
total:	3.81G
used:	767M
free:	3.06G

I really hope for USB boot anytime soon so i can connect my SDD to USB3

I reduced glances’ history_size and it helped to drop iowait. I followed this issue:
https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-glances/issues/61

Thanks.