Lots os problems with iOS and HomeAssistant app

Hi,

I have a lot of problems with iOS app.

I have an iPhone 7 and im using latest app version and latest home assistant version in my server on AWS.

1 - The app don’t send automatically my position to the server (if send my phone don’t show on map).

2 - The app don’t send manually the position to the server. The error message on app is:

3 - My map don’t show nothing else my home location configured in yaml file:

Info 1:
My known_devices.yaml file is (created automatically):

paulos_iphone_7:
  hide_if_away: false
  icon:
  mac:
  name: paulos iphone 7
  picture:
  track: true

Info 2:
My app configuration:

Everything else is working well. Lights, automator, etc.

Can anyone help me?

Not sure about the others but for point 3, devices at home don’t show on the map, this is by design

Hi. thanks.

But my device is not at home. I sad that only home icon was showed. Im far from my home now.

then if the app for some reason doesn’t send your location it indeed won’t show in HA.
Can you see that the Device Tracker Component is loaded on the app?

Hi,

I already send the image. All components was loaded.

Thanks.

then sorry I don’t know. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall?

I understand the error now. But i think that is an app problem.

To the app send the location we need enable “always” on location permission instead of “while using the app”:

If we permit updates “while using the app” and the app show error when i explicit press the button, i think that is an app bug, because leave it on always the location icon dont hide, and the battery drain.

Thanks.

The problems is here:

The authorization is only for “always” location mode.

I suggest change the app making one thing simple: Show an alert to select between the modes and call one or other method based on user selection.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/corelocation/choosing_the_authorization_level_for_location_services/requesting_always_authorization

This change will make it work on both method that user wants.

Thanks.

Thanks that’s good to know. Maybe you could raise a bug in HA’s github.com?
Though to be honest of you set it up to when the so it’s running it would render that function useless as a tracker…